The poster (email) is not available. 收藏推荐:
Jean Baudrillard, Jean Nouvel - The Singular Objects of Architecture
Publisher: University of Minnesota Press | 2002-11 | ISBN: 0816639124 | PDF | 80 pages | 5.08 MB
What is a singular object? An idea, a building, a color, a sentiment, a human being. Each in turn comes under scrutiny in this exhilarating dialogue between two of the most interesting thinkers working in philosophy and architecture today. From such singular objects, Jean Baudrillard and Jean Nouvel move on to fundamental problems of politics, identity, and aesthetics as their exchange becomes an imaginative exploration of the possibilities of modern architecture and the future of modern life.
Among the topics the two speakers take up are the city of tomorrow and the ideal of transparency, the gentrification of New York City and Frank Gehry's surprising Guggenheim Museum in Bilbao. As Nouvel prompts Baudrillard to reflect on some of his signature concepts (the virtual, transparency, fatal strategies, oblivion, and seduction, among others), the confrontation between such philosophical concerns and the specificity of architecture gives rise to novel and striking formulations-and a new way of establishing and understanding the connections between the practitioner and the philosopher, the object and the idea. This wide-ranging conversation builds a bridge between the fields of architecture and philosophy. At the same time it offers readers an intimate view of the meeting of objects and ideas in which the imagined, constructed, and inhabited environment is endlessly changing, forever evolving.
The philosopher and writer Jean Baudrillard is one of the most influential thinkers of his generation and has taught at several universities around the world. His best-known works in English are The Transparency of Evil (1993), Simulacra and Simulation (1994), The Gulf War Did Not Take Place (1995), and The Vital Illusion (2001). Jean Nouvel, an architect of international renown, designed the Arab World Institute in Paris and the Hotel Broadway, currently being constructed in New York City. He is recipient of France's highest architecture award, the Grand Prix d'Architecture, and is the author of Present and Futures: Architecture in Cities (1997).
Robert Bononno, a translator and teacher, lives in New York City. He received a National Endowment for the Arts grant for translating the forthcoming Isabelle Eberhardt: Letters and Journals.
No another mirrors, please! >>> Read RULES
>>> Download many interesting free eBooks HERE <<<
Note 1: If you can not open the downloaded file, and your Adobe Reader reports on the damaged file, then update your Adobe Reader. Lastest version of Adobe Reader opens this book perfectly.
Note 2: Links not work? Send me PM and I'll try to help you.
Download "Jean Baudrillard, Jean Nouvel - The Singular Objects of Architecture"
浏览量：0 添加时间：2010-07-26 22:11:25, 更新时间：2010-07-26 22:11:25, from internet
Search mirrors of "Jean Baudrillard, Jean Nouvel - The Singular Objects of Architecture"...
Free Magazine Subscriptions & Technical Document Downloads
如果不能下载或者在“图书介绍”中找不到 "Jean Baudrillard, Jean Nouvel - The Singular Objects of Architecture" 的下载链接请留言。下次访问本站时察看 所有留言 看是否有人已经更新了该书。
- Ebooks list page : 6660
- Jean Baudrillard, Jean Nouvel - The Singular Objects of Architecture
- Singular Objects Of Architecture (repost)
- Jean Boudriot - Le trois-ponts du chevalier de Tourville 1680 (The Chevalier de Tourville's Three-Decker Ship 1680)
- Jean Aitchison: The Articulate Mammal An introduction to psycholinguistics - Removed
- Mailey, Jean, "The Manchu Dragon: Costumes of the Ch'ing Dynasty, 1644–1912"
- Jean Aitchison: „The Articulate Mammal – An introduction to psycholinguistics“ (Repost) - Removed
- [WU] Jean Plaidy - The Tudor Saga 1 - 10 - Jiwang WareZ Scene
- Jean Plaidy - The Tudor Saga 1 - 10
- El Croquis 112/113 — Jean Nouvel 1994-2002
- Glenn Cochrane, Jean Cochrane - The Beach: An Illustrated History from the Lake to Kingston Road
- Jean Nouvel (RePost)
- Jean Starobinski, The Living Eye
- Jean Genet, The Balcony
- Jean Kazez - The Weight of Things: Philosophy And the Good Life
- Jean Nouvel
- Jean-Louis Basdevant and Jean Dalibard, ?The Quantum Mechanics Solver: How to Apply Quantum Theory to Modern Physics?
- Atlas of the Messier Objects: Highlights of the Deep Sky [Repost]
- Observing the Messier Objects with a Small Telescope: In the Footsteps of a Great Observer (Repost)
- The Caldwell Objects and How to Observe Them (repost)
- Atlas of the Messier Objects - Highlights of the Deep Sky