Posted on 2011-01-19. By anonymous.
Publisher: Ba sic Bo oks 2010 | 296 Pages | ISBN: 0465014917 | PDF + EPUB | 2 MB
As an education historian and former assistant secretary of education, Ravitch has witnessed the trends in public education over the past 40 years and has herself swung from public-school advocate to market-driven accountability and choice supporter back to public-school advocate. With passion and insight, she analyzes research and draws on interviews with educators, philanthropists, and business executives to question the current direction of reform of public education. In the mid-1990s, the movement to boost educational standards failed on political concerns; next came the emphasis on accountability with its reliance on standardized testing. Now educators are worried that the No Child Left Behind mandate that all students meet proficiency standards by 2014 will result in the dismantling of public schools across the nation. Ravitch analyzes the impact of choice on public schools, attempts to quantify quality teaching, and describes the data wars with advocates for charter and traditional public schools. Ravitch also critiques the continued reliance on a corporate model for school reform and the continued failure of such efforts to emphasize curriculum. Conceding that there is no single solution, Ravitch concludes by advocating for strong educational values and revival of strong neighborhood public schools. For readers on all sides of the school-reform debate, this is a very important book.
- Ebooks list page : 9829
- 2020-06-28The Death and Life of the Great American School System
- 2011-09-22The Death and Life of the Great American School System: How Testing and Choice Are Undermining Education
- 2011-04-10The Death and Life of the Great American School System
- 2017-11-07[PDF] Improbable Scholars: The Rebirth of a Great American School System and a Strategy for America's Schools
- 2017-01-11[PDF] Improbable Scholars: The Rebirth of a Great American School System and a Strategy for America's Schools
- 2011-11-24Research at the Intersection of the Physical and Life Sciences
- 2011-10-03China, India, and the United States: The Future of Economic Supremacy" [The Great Courses]
- 2011-09-28The Myths of Nutrition and Fitness [The Great Courses]
- 2019-07-29@(Precious) - Why You Should Read The Death and Life of the Great Lakes by Dan Egan Online or Download [~MOBI ~EPUB ~PDF]
- 2018-01-26[PDF] The Death and Life of the Great Lakes
- 2017-07-07Dan Egan - The Death and Life of the Great Lakes 2017 RETAiL ePUB eBOOK-DiSTRiBUTiON
- 2017-05-11The Death And Life Of The Great Lakes [audiobook]
- 2013-07-13"The Death and Life of Great American Cities" by Jane Jacobs - Removed
- 2012-05-17Afghanistan: A Military History From Alexander The Great To The Fall Of The Taliban
- 2012-03-12David Darom - The Great Collections: Modern Custom Knives
- 2011-11-04The Skeptic s Guide to the Great Books [The Great Courses]
- 2021-03-21The Hospital: Life, Death, and Dollars in a Small American Town [Audiobook]
- 2021-01-13Methland The Death and Life of an American Small Town [Audiobook]
- 2021-01-02The Death And Life Of Bobby Z 2007 1080p BluRay x265-RARBG
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.