Posted on 2011-09-19. By anonymous.
Optical Fiber Telecommunications V (A&B) is the fifth in a series that has chronicled the progress in the research and development of lightwave communications since the early 1970s. Written by active authorities from academia and industry, this edition not only brings a fresh look to many essential topics but also focuses on network management and services. Using high bandwidth in a cost-effective manner for the development of customer applications is a central theme. This book is ideal for R&D engineers and managers, optical systems implementers, university researchers and students, network operators, and the investment community.
Volume (A) is devoted to components and subsystems, including: semiconductor lasers, modulators, photodetectors, integrated photonic circuits, photonic crystals, specialty fibers, polarization-mode dispersion, electronic signal processing, MEMS, nonlinear optical signal processing, and quantum information technologies. Volume (B) is devoted to systems and networks, including: advanced modulation formats, coherent systems, time-multiplexed systems, performance monitoring, reconfigurable add-drop multiplexers, Ethernet technologies, broadband access and services, metro networks, long-haul transmission, optical switching, microwave photonics, computer interconnections, and simulation tools.
For nearly three decades, the OFT series has served as the comprehensive primary resource covering progress in the science and technology of optical fiber telecom. It has been essential for the bookshelves of scientists and engineers active in the field. OFT V provides updates on considerable progress in established disciplines, as well as introductions to new topics. [OFT V] generates a value that is even higher than that of the sum of its chapters.
Herwig Kogelnik, Vice President Adjunct, Bell Labs, Alcatel-Lucent
is a comprehensive and authoritative coverage of the latest research advances and development trends in the field, while upholding the highest standards of scholarly exposition and practical perspective. The wealth of material on innovative technologies and advanced applications will serve as an important and timely information resource for the advancement of telecommunications world-wide.
Leping Wei, CTO, China Telecom
Lightwave systems constitute the nervous system of the industrial world and continue to evolve as innovations are introduced with enormous economic impact. The editors have very skillfully brought together authoritative chapters written by well known experts, encompassing new technologies that are enabling the rapid advances to their commercial deployment. This is a must-have book
Henry Kressel, Managing Director, Warburg Pincus
Anyone will want to have a copy of this latest edition which carries on the tradition of bringing together a wonderful collection of authors, world-renowned experts all, to discuss the most important areas of this rapidly changing technology. this volume has evolved to include, not only updates of previous topics, but also considerably more discussion of networks and network services.
Donald B. Keck, Corning, Inc. (retired)
Much has happened since the last edition. ROADM-based metro networks are being widely deployed, optical monitoring is becoming essential, new modulation formats are enabling efficient bandwidth utilization, and deployed FTTH has 1 Gbit/s shared rates. All these are expertly reviewed by an impressive set of authors, each highly active, well-known and respected. In all a timely, highly valuable, well-written and comprehensive view presented by the worlds experts.
Rod C. Alferness, Chief Scientist, Bell Labs Research, Alcatel-Lucent
Hardcover: 928 pages
Publisher: Academic Press; 5 edition (February, 2008)
File Size: 18.9 MiB
Hits: 940 times
http://www.wupload.com/file/190055204 http://www.filesonic.com/file/2054193381 http://www.fileserve.com/file/cxs2HTq
- Ebooks list page : 13756
- 2011-09-19[MULTI] Optical Fiber Telecommunications V A, 5th Edition Components and Subsystems - Jiwang WareZ Scene
- 2013-12-23Optical Fiber Telecommunications V&B, 5th Edition: Systems and Networks
- 2013-07-16Optical Fiber Telecommunications V&B, 5th Edition: Systems and Networks
- 2011-05-07Optical Fiber Telecommunications V&B, 5th Edition: Systems and Networks
- 2011-11-22[MULTI] Ebooks about filmmaking VOL 2 (DIY Editing, Compositing, Grading and VFX) - Jiwang WareZ Scene
- 2011-11-22[MULTI] Cloud Computing: Principles, Systems and Applications - Jiwang WareZ Scene
- 2011-11-08[MULTI] Handbook on Security and Networks - Jiwang WareZ Scene
- 2011-11-06[MULTI] Knowledge Management Systems and Processes - Jiwang WareZ Scene
- 2011-11-02[MULTI] The New Entrepreneurial Leader Developing Leaders Who Shape Social and Economic... - Jiwang WareZ Scene
- 2011-10-30[MULTI] Mobile Communication Systems and Security - Jiwang WareZ Scene
- 2011-10-06[MULTI] Unconditional Confidence: Instructions for Meeting Any Experience with Trust and Cour - Jiwang WareZ Scene
- 2011-10-02Complete A Guide to PC Repair , The (5th Edition) by Cheryl Schmidt - Jiwang WareZ Scene
- 2011-10-02[MULTI] Digital Tutors - Creative Development - HDRI Image Creation in Photoshop and Maya - Jiwang WareZ Scene - Removed
- 2011-10-02[MULTI] The Gnomon Workshop - Gnomonology Creating Normal Maps with Zbrush and Zmapper - Jiwang WareZ Scene
- 2011-09-18Calculus - James Stewart 5th Edition with Solution M - Jiwang WareZ Scene - Removed
- 2011-09-18Calculus - James Stewart 5th Edition with Solution Man - Jiwang WareZ Scene - Removed
- 2011-07-13Optical Fiber Telecommunications V A & B SET: Optical Fiber Telecommunications V B, Fifth Edition: Systems and Networks (Optics and Photonics)
- 2010-02-06Optical Fiber Telecommunications V B, Fifth Edition: Systems and Networks
- 2010-02-01Optical Fiber Telecommunications V B, Fifth Edition: Systems and Networks
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.