Tag: History and Military
Posted on 2012-01-11. By anonymous.
Publisher: Continuum | ISBN: 1847252354 | edition 2010 | PDF | 261 pages | 2,24 mb
This book studies the complex system of trade exchanges and commerce that profoundly changed Roman society. In ancient times there were several major trade routes that connected the Roman Empire to exotic lands in the distant East. Ancient sources reveal that after the Augustan conquest of Egypt, valued commodities from India, Arabia and China became increasingly available to Roman society. These sources describe how Roman traders went far beyond the frontiers of their Empire, travelling on overland journeys and maritime voyages to acquire the silk, spices and aromatics of the remote East.Records from ancient China, early India and a range of significant archaeological discoveries provide further evidence for these commercial contacts. Truly global in its scope, this study is the first comprehensive enquiry into the extent of this trade and its wider significance to the Roman world. It investigates the origins and development of Roman trade voyages across the Indian Ocean, considers the role of distant diplomacy and studies the organization of the overland trade networks that crossed the inner deserts of Arabia through the Incense Routes between the Yemeni Coast and ancient Palestine. It also considers the Silk Road that extended from Roman Syria across Iraq, through the Persian Empire into inner Asia and, ultimately, China.
- Ebooks list page : 16950
- 2011-09-02Rome and the Distant East: Trade Routes to the ancient lands of Arabia, India and China
- 2011-09-01Rome and the Distant East: Trade Routes to the ancient lands of Arabia, India and China
- 2011-10-20The treasures of Nomadic Tribes in South Russia
- 2018-10-15Rome and China Comparative Perspectives on Ancient World Empires
- 2018-08-26Rome and China Comparative Perspectives on Ancient World Empires
- 2014-01-14Rome and China: Comparative Perspectives on Ancient World Empires (repost)
- 2012-12-13Narrative and Identity in the Ancient Greek Novel: Returning Romance by Tim Whitmarsh (Repost)
- 2012-06-04The Ancient Alien Question
- 2012-02-07Rome and China: Comparative Perspectives on Ancient World Empires (Repost)
- 2009-04-06Rome and China: Comparative Perspectives on Ancient World Empires (Oxford Studies in Early Empires)
- 2019-07-03Defeat of Rome in the East Crassus, the Parthians, and the Disastrous Battle of Carrhae, 53 BC
- 2019-01-25Rome and the Indian Ocean Trade from Augustus to the Early Third Century CE
- 2019-01-10Rome and the Indian Ocean Trade from Augustus to the Early Third Century CE
- 2018-12-21Rome and the Indian Ocean Trade from Augustus to the Early Third Century CE
- 2017-12-31[PDF] Ancient Cities: The Archaeology of Urban Life in the Ancient Near East and Egypt, Greece and Rome
- 2017-12-27[PDF] The Religious Aspects of War in the Ancient Near East, Greece, and Rome: Ancient Warfare Series Volume 1 (Culture and History of the Ancient Near East)
- 2017-10-28[PDF] The Defeat Of Rome In The East - Crassus, The Parthians, And The Disastrous Battle Of Carrhae, 53bc
- 2017-10-16[PDF] Tradition and Innovation in the Ancient Near East: Proceedings of the 57th Rencontre Assyriologique International at Rome, 4-8 July 2011
- 2017-02-16[PDF] Ancient Cities: The Archaeology of Urban Life in the Ancient Near East and Egypt, Greece and Rome
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.