Author: Asghar Ghori
Date: August 20, 2007
Publisher: Endeavor Technologies Inc.; 2nd edition
Posted on 2008-08-07, updated at 2009-04-05, by anandrajani
- Author: Asghar Ghori
- Publisher: Endeavor Technologies Inc.; 2nd edition
- Publish Date: August 20, 2007
- ISBN: 1424342317
- Pages: 824
overs three main objectives to provide a comprehensive resource to individuals, including novice, IT/Non-HP-UX administrators, and HP-UX administrators who intend to take the new HP Certified Systems Administrator exam HP0-095 and pass it; to provide a quick and valuable on-the-job resource to HP-UX administrators, administrators of other UNIX operating systems, IT managers, programmers, and DBAs working in the HP-UX environment; and to provide an easy-to-understand guide to novice and IT/non-HP-UX administrators who intend to learn HP-UX from the beginning. This book contains 38 chapters and is structured to facilitate readers to grasp concepts, understand implementation procedures, understand basic troubleshooting, learn command syntax, configuration files, and daemons involved. The 38 chapters are divided into three key areas: UNIX Fundamentals, HP-UX System Administration, and HP-UX Network Administration. 1. UNIX Fundamentals (chapters 1 to 6 and 23) covers the basics of UNIX. Most information is not specific to a particular UNIX flavor, rather includes general UNIX concepts, file manipulation and security techniques, vi editor, shell and awk programming, basic commands, and other essential topics. Unlike many other similar books, a chapter on shell scripting is presented after covering HP-UX System Administration area. This is done purposely to supply readers with practical examples based on the knowledge they gain from UNIX Fundamentals and HP-UX System Administration chapters. 2. HP-UX System Administration (chapters 7 to 22) covers the HP-UX-specific system administration concepts and topics, including systempartitioning and HP-UX installation; software and patch management; user and group administration; LVM and VxVM management; file system and swap administration; system shutdown and startup procedures; kernel configuration and reconfiguration techniques; backup and restore functions; printer and print request management, job automation and process control; and system logging and performance monitoring. 3. HP-UX Network Administration (chapters 24 to 38) covers HP-UX network administration concepts and topics, such as OSI and TCP/IP reference models; network hardware overview and LAN card administration; IP subnetting and routing techniques; basic network testing and troubleshooting; internet services and sendmail; time synchronization (NTP) and resource sharing (NFS, AutoFS, and CIFS) services; naming (DNS, NIS, and LDAP) and boot services; automated installation techniques and high-availability concepts; and system security and hardening. Each chapter begins with a list of major topics to be covered in the chapter and ends with a summary. Throughout the book, tables, figures, screen shots, and examples are given for explanation purposes. The output generated because of running commands and shell scripts is highlighted in light grey background to differentiate from surrounding text. The book includes several appendices, one of which contains 672 practice exam questions. Answers to practice exam questions and tables of commands, important files, and service daemons are included in appendix area as well.
Sponsored High Speed Downloads
[request_ebook] HP Certified Systems Administrator (2nd Edition)
Download this book
No active download links here?
Please check the description for download links if any or do a search to find alternative books.
- Ebooks list page : 1784
- 2012-05-03Database Systems: The Complete Book, 2nd Edition - Removed
- 2012-05-02Embedded Multiprocessors: Scheduling and Synchronization, 2nd Edition - Removed
- 2011-12-04The 8051 Microcontroller, 2nd Edition - I. Scott MacKenzie
- 2010-12-26Head First Java, 2nd Edition
- 2008-04-12[request]Spy Book, 2nd Edition
- 2008-02-07[request]Principles and Prevention of Corrosion (2nd Edition)
- 2019-09-11Electrical Power Systems Quality, 2nd Edition
- 2018-12-17Microbiology: A Systems Approach, 2nd Edition
- 2018-11-21Linux Academy Red Hat Certified Systems Administrator Prep
- 2018-07-21Applied Systems Theory (2nd Edition)
- 2017-12-28[PDF] Facility Piping Systems Handbook, 2nd Edition
- 2017-12-20[PDF] Principles of CMOS VLSI Design: A Systems Perspective (VLSI systems series) (2nd Edition)
- 2017-12-18[PDF] Bioinformatics for Systems Biology, 2nd edition
- 2017-12-04[PDF] IT Systems Management (2nd Edition)
- 2017-11-06[PDF] Linux Academy - Linux Foundation Certified Systems Administrator (LFCS)
- 2017-11-01[PDF] Recommender Systems Handbook, 2nd Edition - Removed
- 2017-07-02Linux Academy Red Hat Certified Systems Administrator Prep Course
- 2017-05-25Linux Academy - Red Hat Certified Systems Administrator Prep Course
- 2017-04-26LINUXACADEMY RED HAT CERTIFIED SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR PREP COURSE TUTORIAL-OXBRiDGE
No comments for "[request_ebook] HP Certified Systems Administrator (2nd Edition)".
Add Your Comments
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.