Author: A Brief Introduction, Semitic Languages By, Aaron D. Rubin
Publisher: Go/.rgias Pre..ss 2010
Posted on 2012-03-13, by LionFar.
A Brief Introduction to the Semitic Languages By Aaron D. Rubin
PUBLISHER: GO/.RGIAS PRE..SS 2010 | 110 PAGES | ISBN: 1617198609 | PDF |1.25 MB
With a written history of nearly five thousand years, the Semitic languages comprise one of the world s earliest attested and longest attested families. Well known members of the family include Arabic, Hebrew, Aramaic, Amharic, and Akkadian. This volume provides an overview of this important language family, including both ancient and modern languages. After a brief introduction to the history of the family and its internal classification, subsequent chapters cover topics in phonology, morphology, syntax, and lexicon.
Each chapter describes features that are characteristic of the Semitic language family as a whole, as well as some of the more extraordinary developments that take place in the individual languages. This provides both a typological overview and a description of more unique features. The chapters contain abundant examples from numerous languages. All the examples include morpheme by morpheme glosses, as well as translations, which help make these examples clear and accessible even to those not familiar with a given language. Concluding the book is a detailed guide to further reading, which directs the reader to the most important reference tools and secondary literature, and an up-to-date bibliography.
This brief introduction contains a rich variety of data, and covers topics not normally found in short sketches such as this. The clarity of presentation makes it useful not only to those in the field of Semitic linguistics, but also to the general linguist or language enthusiast who wishes to learn something about this important language family.
DownloadDownload from Turbobit
- Ebooks list page : 17852
- 2012-03-12A Brief Introduction to the Semitic Languages
- 2010-04-05S. Moscati, A. Spitaler, E. Ullendorff, W. von Soden - Introduction to the Comparative Grammar of the Semitic Languages
- 2020-01-03A Brief Introduction to the Search for Extra-Terrestrial Life
- 2019-12-08The Semitic Languages (Routledge Language Family Series) Ed 2
- 2019-03-31The Semitic Languages, 2nd Edition
- 2018-05-31A Brief Introduction to the New Testament, 4th Edition
- 2018-04-21A Brief Introduction to the New Testament, 4th Edition
- 2018-01-30[PDF] An Introduction to the Celtic Languages (Longman Linguistics Library)
- 2017-10-21[PDF] The Semitic Languages (Routledge Language Family Series)
- 2017-02-10[PDF] The Semitic Languages (Routledge Language Family Series)
- 2012-12-29The Semitic Languages: An International Handbook
- 2020-05-25The World A Brief Introduction [Audiobook]
- 2020-05-18The Foundations of Arabic Linguistics II: Kitāb Sībawayhi: Interpretation and Transmission (Studies in Semitic Languages and Linguistics)
- 2020-05-15The World: A Brief Introduction By: Richard Haass
- 2020-05-14The World A Brief Introduction
- 2020-05-11The World: A Brief Introduction
- 2020-03-20The Foundations of Arabic Linguistics IV (Studies in Semitic Languages and Linguistics)
- 2019-12-20Entropy and the Tao of Counting: A Brief Introduction to Statistical Mechanics and the Second Law of Thermodynamics (SpringerBriefs in Physics)
- 2019-12-08Python Machine Learning For Beginners: An introduction to neural networks and a brief overview of the processes you need to know when programming computers and coding with python
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.