Posted on 2018-08-10, updated at 2018-09-03, by perica123.
David M. Dean, "A Companion to Public History"
English | ISBN: 1118508947 | 2018 | 576 pages | PDF | 7 MB
An authoritative overview of the developing field of public history reflecting theory and practice around the globe This unique reference guides readers through this relatively new field of historical inquiry, exploring the varieties and forms of public history, its relationship with popular history, and the ways in which the field has evolved internationally over the past thirty years. Comprised of thirty-four essays written by a group of leading international scholars and public history practitioners, the work not only introduces readers to the latest scholarly academic research, but also to the practice and pedagogy of public history. It pays equal attention to the emergence of public history as a distinct field of historical inquiry in North America, the importance of popular history and 'history from below' in Europe and European colonial-settler states, and forms of historical consciousness in non-Western countries and peoples. It also provides a timely guide to the state of the discipline, and offers an innovative and unprecedented engagement with methodological and theoretical problems associated with public history. Generously illustrated throughout, The Companion to Public History's chapters are written from a variety of perspectives by contributors from all continents and from a wide variety of backgrounds, disciplines, and experiences. It is an excellent source for getting readers to think about history in the public realm, and how present day concerns shape the ways in which we engage with and represent the past. Cutting-edge companion volume for a developing area of study Comprises 36 essays by leading authorities on all aspects of public history around the world Reflects different national/regional interpretations of public history Offers some essays in teachable forms: an interview, a roundtable discussion, a document analysis, a photo essay. Covers a full range of public history practice, including museums, archives, memorial sites as well as historical fiction, theatre, re-enactment societies and digital gaming Discusses the continuing challenges presented by history within our broad, collective memory, including museum controversies, repatriation issues, 'textbook' wars, and commissions for Truth and Reconciliation The Companion is intended for senior undergraduate students and graduate students in the rapidly growing field of public history and will appeal to those teaching public history or who wish to introduce a public history dimension to their courses.
- Ebooks list page : 36911
- 2019-12-22A Companion to Public History (Wiley Blackwell Companions to World History)
- 2018-09-03A Companion to Public History
- 2018-08-12A Companion to Public History
- 2020-05-01A Companion to Intellectual History (Wiley Blackwell Companions to World History)
- 2019-12-22A Companion to the History of American Broadcasting (Blackwell Companions in Cultural Studies)
- 2019-11-21Companion to the History of the Book, 2 Volume Set (Blackwell Companions to Literature and Culture) Ed 2
- 2019-01-31A Companion to Chinese History
- 2018-12-19A Companion to International History 1900 - 2001
- 2018-12-09The Edinburgh Companion to the History of Democracy
- 2018-12-07The Edinburgh Companion to the History of Democracy
- 2018-11-25The Edinburgh Companion to the History of Democracy
- 2018-11-21The Edinburgh Companion to the History of Democracy
- 2018-05-07Introduction to Public History Interpreting the Past, Engaging Audiences
- 2018-01-19[PDF] A Companion to Chinese History (Wiley Blackwell Companions to World History)
- 2018-01-16[PDF] A Companion to the History of Science (Wiley Blackwell Companions to World History)
- 2017-12-26[PDF] A Companion to Mediterranean History (Wiley Blackwell Companions to World History)
- 2017-12-26[PDF] A Companion to California History
- 2017-12-25[PDF] Companion to the History of Modern Science (Routledge Companion Encyclopedias)
- 2017-12-19[PDF] A Companion to Mexican History and Culture
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.