Posted on 2021-01-07, by nokia241186.
English | 2016 | ISBN: 1848893205 | 293 Pages | PDF | 55 MB
"There followed a blue flash accompanied by a ver y bright magnesium-type flare . Then came a frighteningly loud but rather flat explosion, which was followed by a blast of hot air . All this was followed by eerie silence."
This was doctor Aidan MacCarthy's description of the atomic bomb explosion above Nagasaki in August 1945, just over a mile from where he was trembling in a makeshift bomb shelter in the Mitsubishi POW camp.
This is the story of the incredible life of Dr. Aidan MacCarthy (1913-95) the only person to have survived the two events that mark the beginning and end of the Second World War. He was evacuated from the beaches of Dunkirk after three days of relentless attacks in May 1940, and he was trembling in a makeshift bomb shelter in the center of Nagasaki when the atomic bomb destroyed the city in August 1945. In the intervening years, he survived burning planes, sinking ships, jungle warfare, starvation, disease, captivity, and slave labor. In the devastation of the atomic bomb, he was the first non-Japanese doctor to assist civilians. The book also follows the search by MacCarthy's daughter to find the family of the Japanese officer who surrendered his samurai sword to him, a treasured relic she owns to this day. It is a story of survival, forgiveness, and humanity at its most admirable.
(Buy premium account for maximum speed and resuming ability)
- Ebooks list page : 46074
- 2019-02-28Rewired An Unlikely Doctor, a Brave Amputee, and the Medical Miracle That Made History
- 2019-02-24Rewired An Unlikely Doctor, a Brave Amputee, and the Medical Miracle That Made History
- 2019-01-31Rewired An Unlikely Doctor, a Brave Amputee, and the Medical Miracle That Made History
- 2019-01-25Rewired An Unlikely Doctor, a Brave Amputee, and the Medical Miracle That Made History [Audiobook]
- 2019-01-10Rewired An Unlikely Doctor, a Brave Amputee, and the Medical Miracle That Made History [Audiobook]
- 2021-04-06Wonder Women of Science: How 12 Geniuses Are Rocking Science, Technology, and the World
- 2021-03-09How to Stop Procrastination & Get More Done and The Productivity Method: Two Books in 1 Bundle [Audiobook]
- 2021-02-04The Human Cloud How Today's Changemakers Use Artificial Intelligence and the Freelance Economy to Tr...
- 2021-01-26Strength Rules How To Get Stronger Than Almost Anyone And The Proven Plan To Make ...
- 2020-11-20Friendly Fire: How Israel Became Its Own Worst Enemy and the Hope for Its Future [Audiobook]
- 2020-07-28How Music Dies (or Lives): Field Recording and the Battle for Democracy in the Arts
- 2020-06-24Making, Breaking and Remaking the Irish Missionary Network - Ireland, Rome and the...
- 2020-04-21How to Ruin a Queen: Marie Antoinette and the Diamond Necklace Affair
- 2020-04-16Ultrasociety: How 10,000 Years of War Made Humans the Greatest Cooperators on Earth
- 2019-07-12@#(Excellent) - Why You Should Read How to Kill a City: Gentrification, Inequality, and the Fight for the Neighborhood by P.E. Moskowitz Online or Download [$PDF $EPUB $MOBI]
- 2019-07-05How to Ruin a Queen Marie Antoinette and the Diamond Necklace Affair
- 2019-05-10Living with a Green Heart How to Keep Your Body, Your Home, and the Planet Healthy in a Toxic World - Removed
- 2019-03-27Living with a Green Heart How to Keep Your Body, Your Home, and the Planet Healthy in a Toxic World - Removed
- 2019-01-15A Bright Future How Some Countries Have Solved Climate Change and the Rest Can Follow
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.