Posted on 2021-01-13, by nokia241186.
English | ASIN: B08S23NHSP | 2021 | 13 hours and 3 minutes |
A History of the Church Through Its Buildings takes the listener to meet people who lived through momentous religious changes in the very spaces where the story of the Church took shape. Buildings are about people, the people who conceived, designed, financed, and used them. Their stories become embedded in the very fabric itself, and as the fabric is changed through time in response to changing use, relationships, and beliefs, the architecture becomes the standing history of passing waves of humanity.
This process takes on special significance in churches, where the arrangement of the space places members of the community in relationship with one another for the performance of the church's rites and ceremonies. Moreover, architectural forms and building materials can be used to establish relationships with other buildings in other places and other times. Coordinated systems of signs, symbols, and images proclaim beliefs and doctrine, and in a wider sense carry extended narratives of the people and their faith.
Looking at the history of the church through its buildings allows us to establish a tangible connection to the lives of the people involved in some of the key moments and movements that shaped that history, and perhaps even a degree of intimacy with them. Standing in the same place where the worshippers of the past preached and taught, or in a space they built as a memorial, touching the stone they placed, or marking their final resting-place, holding a keepsake they treasured or seeing a relic they venerated, probably comes as close to a shared experience with these people as it is possible to come. Perhaps for a fleeting moment at such times their faces may come more clearly into focus.
(Buy premium account for maximum speed and resuming ability)
- Ebooks list page : 46197
- 2021-01-12A History of the Church Through Its Buildings [Audiobook]
- 2020-07-14The Face of Britain - A History of the Nation Through Its Portraits
- 2012-12-08Destiny Disrupted A History of the World through Islamic Eyes (Audiobook) (repost)
- 2011-12-17Destiny Disrupted: A History of the World through Islamic Eyes [Audiobook] - Tamim Ansary
- 2011-11-26Destiny Disrupted: A History of the World through Islamic Eyes [Audiobook] - Tamim Ansary
- 2011-11-23Destiny Disrupted: A History of the World through Islamic Eyes (AudiobooK)
- 2011-11-22Destiny Disrupted: A History of the World through Islamic Eyes (Audiobook)
- 2018-06-25A Field Guide to Antietam Experiencing the Battlefield through Its History, Places, and People
- 2017-10-13[PDF] Church History, Volume Two: From Pre-Reformation to the Present Day: The Rise and Growth of the Church in Its Cultural, Intellectual, and Political Context
- 2017-01-19[PDF] Church History, Volume Two: From Pre-Reformation to the Present Day: The Rise and Growth of the Church in Its Cultural, Intellectual, and Political Context
- 2012-01-21Examination of the U.S. Air Force’s Aircraft Sustainment Needs in the Future and Its Strategy to Meet Those Needs - Committee On Examination Of The U.S. Air Force's Aircraft Sustainment Needs In The Future And Its St
- 2011-10-25A History of the Thermometer and Its Use in Meteorology
- 2020-12-09Pocket History of the Church - D Jeffrey Bingham
- 2020-12-08Greek A History of the Language and its Speakers
- 2020-11-24The Beautiful Community: Unity, Diversity, and the Church at Its Best
- 2020-11-14Destiny Disrupted A History Of The World Through Islamic Eyes
- 2020-11-11The Beautiful Community: Unity, Diversity, and the Church at Its Best
- 2020-05-12Sixty Squadron RAF: A History of the Squadron from Its Formation (Vintage Aviation Series)
- 2020-03-17History of Chinese Philosophy Through Its Key Terms
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.