Posted on 2020-11-29, by Germany2020.
A Question of Power: Electricity and the Wealth of Nations (Audiobook) by Robert Bryce
English | March 10, 2020 | ASIN: B08546F798 | MP3@64 kbps | 8h 41m | 257 MB
Narrator: Robert Bryce
Historically, it was guns, germs, and steel that determined the fates of people and nations. Now, more than ever, it is electricity.
Global demand for power is doubling every two decades, but electricity remains one of the most difficult forms of energy to supply and do so reliably. Today, some three billion people live in places where per-capita electricity use is less than what's used by an average American refrigerator. How we close the colossal gap between the electricity rich and the electricity poor will determine our success in addressing issues like women's rights, inequality, and climate change.
In A Question of Power, veteran journalist Robert Bryce tells the human story of electricity, the world's most important form of energy. Through onsite reporting from India, Iceland, Lebanon, Puerto Rico, New York, and Colorado, he shows how our cities, our money - our very lives - depend on reliable flows of electricity. He highlights the factors needed for successful electrification and explains why so many people are still stuck in the dark.
With vivid writing and incisive analysis, he powerfully debunks the notion that our energy needs can be met solely with renewables and demonstrates why - if we are serious about addressing climate change - nuclear energy must play a much bigger role.
Electricity has fueled a new epoch in the history of civilization. A Question of Power explains how that happened and what it means for our future.
- Ebooks list page : 45483
- 2020-11-20A Question of Power: Electricity and the Wealth of Nations (Audiobook)
- 2021-01-07Financial Stability: Fraud, Confidence and the Wealth of Nations [EPUB]
- 2020-07-21Financial Stability, Website: Fraud, Confidence and the Wealth of Nations (Wiley Finance)
- 2020-01-11Law and the Wealth of Nations: Finance, Prosperity, and Democracy
- 2019-12-08Humanomics: Moral Sentiments and the Wealth of Nations for the Twenty-First Century (Cambridge Studies in Economics, Choice, and Society)
- 2018-04-16Energy and the Wealth of Nations An Introduction to Biophysical Economics, Second Edition - Removed
- 2017-12-13[PDF] Energy and the Wealth of Nations: Understanding the Biophysical Economy - Removed
- 2017-11-21[PDF] Cities and the Wealth of Nations
- 2017-10-24[PDF] Financial Stability, Website: Fraud, Confidence and the Wealth of Nations (Wiley Finance)
- 2017-02-10[PDF] Cities and the Wealth of Nations
- 2014-02-23Energy and the Wealth of Nations: Understanding the Biophysical Economy (Repost)
- 2013-04-16Charles A. S. Hall - Energy and the Wealth of Nations [1 eBook (PDF)]
- 2013-04-03Energy and the Wealth of Nations: Understanding the Biophysical Economy
- 2011-09-16Big Business and the Wealth of Nations
- 2011-05-11Global Political Economy and the Wealth of Nations: Performance, Institutions, Problems and Policies
- 2011-04-02The World Wide Web and the Wealth of Nations: Does IT Matter?
- 2011-03-16Global Political Economy and the Wealth of Nations: Performance, Institutions, Problems and Policies
- 2010-08-18Sarah Babb - Behind the Development Banks: Washington Politics, World Poverty, and the Wealth of Nations
- 2007-07-27Ecological Debt: The Health of the Planet and the Wealth of Nations
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.