Posted on 2014-01-30. By anonymous.
English | ISBN: 1441165517, 1441152016 | 2010 | 224 pages | PDF | 2 MB
This is a biography of fifteenth century peer John Howard which uses the unparalleled collection of evidence he left behind him to reveal his day to day life. John Howard, baron Howard and first duke of Norfolk, was one of the most important men of the Yorkist period. He was a consistently loyal supporter of the Yorkist dynasty from the late 1450s until his death at Bosworth in 1485. He was an indefatigable royal servant, active in the military field, as an agent of the Crown at home in East Anglia, as a councillor at Westminster and as an ambassador who became England's leading envoy to France. With the exceptions of the kings he served, no other man of the fifteenth-century peerage has left us so much in the way of evidence of his day-to-day life, not only of his royal service but his domestic concerns. Information about other men of his time depends largely on well-documented political or administrative action; very little information is available on their private lives. The same is not true of Howard. The unparalleled records that he left behind are four volumes of household memoranda covering the periods 1462-1471 and 1481-1483. The memoranda were a daily record of the money received and dispersed by Howard himself, his family and senior household members. The lack of distinction between business and domestic concerns and the great range of subjects, from payments for ships to laces for his wife's gowns, are what make them so illuminating. Taken together, these surviving records illustrate almost every aspect of his life and bring him alive: talented, efficient, ambitious and not above some dishonourable dealings, short-tempered, paternalistic and loyal.
- Ebooks list page : 24966
- 2021-02-12A Yorkist Lord: John Howard, Duke of Norfolk, C. 1425 1485
- 2021-01-13A Yorkist Lord: John Howard, Duke of Norfolk, C. 1425 1485
- 2018-01-04[PDF] Yorkist Lord: John Howard, Duke of Norfolk, c. 1425 -1485
- 2014-02-13Yorkist Lord: John Howard, Duke of Norfolk, c. 1425 -1485
- 2020-11-24The Man Behind the Tudors: Thomas Howard, 2nd Duke of Norfolk
- 2021-07-13John Howard - Collected The Best of John Howard (2021) Flac
- 2021-07-11John Howard Collected The Best of John Howard (2021)
- 2018-11-10Man in the Mirror John Howard Griffin and the Story of Black Like Me - Removed
- 2018-01-11[PDF] John Howard Sanden - The Portrait Institute : Portrait Videos
- 2017-12-09[PDF] A Plague of Zombies: An Outlander Novella (Lord John Grey)
- 2017-12-06[PDF] The Scottish Prisoner: A Novel (Lord John Grey) - Removed
- 2017-04-13[PDF] The Final Victim of the Blacklist: John Howard Lawson, Dean of the Hollywood Ten - Removed
- 2014-04-15The Duke of Norfolk - Birds...Fly South! (2014)
- 2014-04-11The Duke of Norfolk BirdsFly South! (2014)
- 2013-06-12Diana Gabaldon - Lord John e i fantasmi del passato
- 2013-05-07Georgette Heyer - My Lord John - Removed
- 2013-02-18John Howard Sanden â€“ The Portrait Institute : Portrait Videos
- 2013-01-19John Howard Sanden - The Portrait Institute : Portrait Videos
- 2012-06-08The Great War: An Imperial History by John Howard Morrow (Repost) - Removed
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.