Tag: History and Military
Posted on 2012-05-17. By anonymous.
by Stephen Tanner
Da Capo Press | English | 2003 | ISBN: 0306812339 | 368 pages | PDF | 19 MB
“The only complete single-volume military history of Afghanistan, from ancient times to the war waged by the United States after September 11.Following the events of September 11, 2001, the world was riveted as American military power contested the legendary warrior culture of Afghanistan. By spring 2002, America began to draw down its forces, its mission accomplished: The Afghan Taliban regime has been overthrown and the terrorists it harbored were on the run. Was America's easy victory proof of its military superiority, or were the Afghans merely eyeing the newcomers as they have watched foreign armies in centuries past, knowing time is on their side?For over 2,500 years, the forbidding territory of Afghanistan has served as a vital crossroads--not just for armies but for clashes between civilizations--the Greeks, Arabs, Mongols, and Tartars, and in more recent times, Britain and Russia. Now America must face a new enemy on this land--a land that for centuries has become a graveyard of empires past.This first-ever complete military history of Afghanistan illuminates the broad historical context into which American forces have been drawn--a cautionary tale, perhaps, about the dangers that may lie ahead.”
Please No mirrors.
- Ebooks list page : 18622
- 2012-05-17Afghanistan: A Military History From Alexander The Great To The Fall Of The Taliban
- 2012-12-14Afghanistan: A Military History from Alexander the Great To The Fall Of The Taliban (Audiobook) (Repost)
- 2011-11-24Afghanistan: A Military History from Alexander the Great to the Present (Library Edition)
- 2011-08-15Afghanistan: A Military History from Alexander the Great To The Fall Of The Taliban (Audio)
- 2011-08-15Afghanistan - A Military History from Alexander the Great To The Fall Of The Taliban (Audiobook)
- 2011-08-13Afghanistan: A Military History from Alexander the Great To The Fall Of The Taliban (Audiobook)
- 2012-05-19British Aircraft before the Great War (Schiffer Military History)
- 2012-05-19French Aeroplanes Before the Great War (Schiffer Military History)
- 2011-10-22U.S. Army and Irregular Warfare 1775-2007: Selected Papers From the 2007 Conference of Army Historians (Center of Military History Publication)
- 2012-05-16Mr.Churchill's Tank: The British Infantry Tank Mark IV (Schiffer Military History)
- 2012-05-19Yellowjackets!: The 361st Fighter Group in World War II (Schiffer Military History) - Removed
- 2011-12-02Making Haste from Babylon: The Mayflower Pilgrims and Their World. A New History
- 2018-12-05Crime and Punishment in Russia A Comparative History From Peter the Great to Vladimir Putin
- 2018-01-21[PDF] The Practice of Strategy: From Alexander the Great to the Present
- 2017-12-24[PDF] A Brief History of British Kings and Queens: British Royal History from Alfred the Great to the Present (The Brief History)
- 2017-12-04[PDF] Heroes: From Alexander the Great and Julius Caesar to Churchill and de Gaulle (P.S.)
- 2017-11-22[PDF] Conversion: The Old and the New in Religion from Alexander the Great to Augustine of Hippo (Brown Classics in Judaica)
- 2016-12-26[PDF] Heroes: From Alexander the Great and Julius Caesar to Churchill and de Gaulle (P.S.)
- 2012-10-17Heroes: From Alexander the Great and Julius Caesar to Churchill and de Gaulle (Repost)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.