Posted on 2018-11-15, by nokia241186.
Milton C. Sernett, "African American Religious History: A Documentary Witness"
2000 | pages: 105 | ISBN: 0822324261 | PDF | 36,6 mb
This widely-heralded collection of remarkable documents offers a view of African American religious history from Africa and early America through Reconstruction to the rise of black nationalism, civil rights, and black theology of today. The documents-many of them rare, out-of-print, or difficult to find-include personal narratives, sermons, letters, protest pamphlets, early denominational histories, journalistic accounts, and theological statements. In this volume Olaudah Equiano describes Ibo religion. Lemuel Haynes gives a black Puritan's farewell. Nat Turner confesses. Jarena Lee becomes a female preacher among the African Methodists. Frederick Douglass discusses Christianity and slavery. Isaac Lane preaches among the freedmen. Nannie Helen Burroughs reports on the work of Baptist women. African Methodist bishops deliberate on the Great Migration. Bishop C. H. Mason tells of the Pentecostal experience. Mahalia Jackson recalls the glory of singing at the 1963 March on Washington. Martin Luther King, Jr. writes from the Birmingham jail.
(Buy premium account for maximum speed and resuming ability)
- Ebooks list page : 37735
- 2012-03-18Encyclopedia of American Indian History (4 volume set)
- 2020-05-18Esotericism in African American Religious Experience: \\\"there Is a Mystery\\\"... (Aries Book Series: Texts and Studies in Western Esotericism)
- 2020-04-30Black Lives and Sacred Humanity: Toward an African American Religious Naturalism
- 2020-04-26Brick City Vanguard: Amiri Baraka, Black Music, Black Modernity (African American Intellectual History)
- 2020-02-15The Cooking Gene: A Journey Through African American Culinary History in the Old South
- 2018-11-14Encyclopedia of American Religious History
- 2018-01-15[PDF] African-American Religious Leaders (A to Z of African Americans)
- 2017-12-10[PDF] Esotericism in African American Religious Experience: There Is a Mystery (Aries Book Series: Texts and Studies in Western Esotericism)
- 2017-10-23[PDF] African American Urban History since World War II (Historical Studies of Urban America)
- 2017-01-12[PDF] African American Urban History since World War II (Historical Studies of Urban America)
- 2013-12-02African-American Religious Leaders (A to Z of African Americans) (repost)
- 2013-07-08Encyclopedia of American Religious History
- 2013-07-01Encyclopedia of American Religious History (Repost)
- 2013-05-28American Religious History (Audiobook) By Professor Patrick N. Allitt
- 2013-05-27American Religious History (Audiobook) By Professor Patrick N. Allitt
- 2013-05-27American Religious History (Audiobook - TTC)
- 2013-05-26American Religious History
- 2013-05-25American Religious History (Audiobook - TTC) (Repost)
- 2012-02-15TTC - Prof. Patrick N Allitt - American Religious History
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.