Posted on 2019-01-07, updated at 2019-01-24, by voska89.
Aghor Medicine: Pollution, Death, and Healing in Northern India By Ronald L. Barrett, Jonathan P. Parry
2008 | 240 Pages | ISBN: 0520252187 | PDF | 4 MB
For centuries, the Aghori have been known as the most radical ascetics in India: living naked on the cremation grounds, meditating on corpses, engaging in cannibalism and coprophagy, and consuming intoxicants out of human skulls. In recent years, however, they have shifted their practices from the embrace of ritually polluted substances to the healing of stigmatized diseases. In the process, they have become a large, socially mainstream, and politically powerful organization. Based on extensive fieldwork, this lucidly written book explores the dynamics of pollution, death, and healing in Aghor medicine. Ron Barrett examines a range of Aghor therapies from ritual bathing to modified Ayurveda and biomedicines and clarifies many misconceptions about this little-studied group and its highly unorthodox, powerful ideas about illness and healing.
Buy Premium From My Links To Get Resumable Support,Max Speed & Support Me
Download ( NitroFlare )
Download ( Rapidgator )
- Ebooks list page : 38477
- 2019-01-24Aghor Medicine Pollution, Death, and Healing in Northern India
- 2018-01-08[PDF] Aghor Medicine: Pollution, Death, and Healing in Northern India
- 2013-09-19Aghor Medicine: Pollution, Death, and Healing in Northern India
- 2018-11-14Children Also Grieve Talking about Death and Healing
- 2013-09-24Children Also Grieve: Talking about Death and Healing [Repost]
- 2009-02-26Children Also Grieve: Talking About Death And Healing
- 2018-12-04Imaginations of Death and the Beyond in India and Europe
- 2018-04-25Imaginations of Death and the Beyond in India and Europe
- 2011-08-07River of Love in an Age of Pollution: The Yamuna River of Northern India
- 2019-10-18Mindfulness as Medicine: A Story of Healing Body and Spirit
- 2019-08-27Medicine, Mobility, and Power in Global Africa Transnational Health and Healing
- 2019-07-25*(Incredible) - Why You Should Read Seven Fallen Feathers: Racism, Death, and Hard Truths in a Northern City by Tanya Talaga Online or Download [!PDF !EPUB !MOBI]
- 2019-07-09Energy Medicine: The Science and Mystery of Healing [Audiobook]
- 2019-05-10I Wasn't Ready to Say Goodbye Surviving, Coping and Healing After the Sudden Death of a Loved One
- 2019-03-23I Wasn't Ready to Say Goodbye Surviving, Coping and Healing After the Sudden Death of a Loved One
- 2019-03-17I Wasn't Ready to Say Goodbye: Surviving, Coping and Healing After the Sudden Death of a Loved One
- 2018-12-07Health and Healing The Philosophy of Integrative Medicine and Optimum Health
- 2018-11-25Treating Herpes the Natural Way (Traditional Chinese Medicine, Herbs and Healing Series)
- 2018-11-22Health and Healing The Philosophy of Integrative Medicine and Optimum Health
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.