Posted on 2020-06-14, by Specijalac.
All About History Book Of the Windsors First - Edition 2018
English | 172 pages | pdf | 62.53 MB
Description: Measure for Measure is among the most passionately discussed of Shakespeare's plays. In it, a duke temporarily removes himself from governing his city-state, deputizing a member of his administration, Angelo, to enforce the laws more rigorously. Angelo chooses as his first victim Claudio, condemning him to death because he impregnated Juliet before their marriage.
Claudio's sister Isabella, who is entering a convent, pleads for her brother's life. Angelo attempts to extort sex from her, but Isabella preserves her chastity. The duke, in disguise, eavesdrops as she tells her brother about Angelo's behavior, then offers to ally himself with her against Angelo.
Modern responses to the play show how it can be transformed by its reception in present culture to evoke continuing fascination. To some, the duke (the government) seems meddlesome; to others, he is properly imposing moral standards. Angelo and Isabella's encounter exemplifies sexual harassment. Others see a woman's right to control her body in Isabella's choice between her virginity and her brother's life.
The authoritative edition of Measure for Measure from The Folger Shakespeare Library, the trusted and widely used Shakespeare series for students and general readers, includes:
-The exact text of the printed book for easy cross-reference
-Hundreds of hypertext links for instant navigation
-Freshly edited text based on the best early printed version of the play
-Full explanatory notes conveniently linked to the text of the play
-Scene-by-scene plot summaries
-A key to the play's famous lines and phrases
-An introduction to reading Shakespeare's language
-An essay by a leading Shakespeare scholar providing a modern perspective on the play
-Fresh images from the Folger Shakespeare Library's vast holdings of rare books
-An annotated guide to further reading
Essay by Christy Desmet
The Folger Shakespeare Library in Washington, DC, is home to the world's largest collection of Shakespeare's printed works, and a magnet for Shakespeare scholars from around the globe. In addition to exhibitions open to the public throughout the year, the Folger offers a full calendar of performances and programs. For more information, visit Folger.edu.
- Ebooks list page : 43855
- 2021-03-06All About History Book of the Inca First Edition 2021
- 2020-07-06All About History Book of the Windsors Third - Edition 2020
- 2020-06-14All About History Book Of the Windsors 3rd - Edition 2020
- 2019-11-10All About History Book of the Medici First - Edition 2019
- 2020-06-14All About History Book Of the Windsors 3rd HQ PDF - Edition 2020
- 2019-12-06All About History Book of the Aztecs First [True PDF] - Edition 2019
- 2021-02-09All About History: Book of the Prohibition 3rd Edition, 2021
- 2021-02-08All About History: Book of the Georgians 3rd Edition, 2021
- 2021-01-24All About History: Book of the Georgians - 3rd Edition, 2021
- 2021-01-24All About History: Book of the Prohibition - 3rd Edition, 2021
- 2019-11-10All About History Book of the Medici 1st - Edition 2019
- 2019-01-31All About History - Book of The Titanic, 5th Edition
- 2019-01-13All About History - Book of The Titanic, 5th Edition
- 2017-10-07[PDF] All About History - Book of The Titanic 3rd Edition
- 2019-12-06All About History Book of the Byzantine Empire First [True PDF] - Edition 2019
- 2019-11-10All About History Book of the Byzantine Empire First - Edition 2019
- 2019-08-07All About History Book of the Space Race First - Edition 2019
- 2017-10-09[PDF] All About History Book of the First World War
- 2021-04-13All About History: Book of the Red Coats 4th Edition, 2021
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.