Tag: History and Military
Posted on 2009-04-15. By anonymous.
Oxford University Press, USA | 2007 | ISBN: 0199232679 | 456 pages | PDF | 2,3 MB
American society may be hostile to the thought of ideologies, but it possesses a sophisticated but little understood ability to engage in deep conflicts over political ideas, while at the same time reducing adversarial positions to legitimate derivatives of American history and development. The study asks how this occurs; how the sources, traditions and usages of core ideas and their derivative compounds animate political discourse and structure the basis of political conflict; and how it is possible to sustain a high incidence of competitive value-laden argument and principled political conflict within a stable political order.
The fundamental aim of this study is to examine the traditions and usages of American political ideas within the arena of practical politics. By locating them in their respective contexts, it will be possible to assess both their changing meanings and their shifting relationships to one another.
In surveying America's core ideas both in isolation and in combination, the book facilitates an informed awareness of their political and cultural leverage as forms of persuasion and sources of legitimacy. American Credo roots the examination of American political ideas firmly in the milieu of social drives, political movements and contemporary issues within which the ideas themselves are embedded. This not only allows the study to investigate the interior properties and traditional priorities of America's key values but permits the theoretical implications and practical consequences of these ideas to be traced and evaluated. By marshalling a wide variety of evidence from different disciplines and perspectives, and by employing innovative principles of organisation, the study offers clarity and depth in support of an inventive explanatory scheme. It concludes with a review of the current and likely future challenges to the protocols and conventions surrounding the matrix of ideational coexistence.
In order not to miss many of them follow ebooks section (see top of each page on AH) and visit my blog too :)
- Ebooks list page : 2670
- 2010-08-31The Clash of Ideas in World Politics: Transnational Networks, States, and Regime Change, 1510-2010
- 2019-01-31Detroit City Is the Place to Be The Afterlife of an American Metropolis - Removed
- 2019-01-14Detroit City Is the Place to Be The Afterlife of an American Metropolis
- 2018-01-21[PDF] Contingency and Commitment: Mexican Existentialism and the Place of Philosophy (SUNY Series in Latin American and Iberian Thought and Culture)
- 2018-01-09[PDF] Detroit City Is the Place to Be: The Afterlife of an American Metropolis
- 2017-12-30[PDF] Knowledge for What: The Place of Social Science in American Culture (Princeton Legacy Library)
- 2016-11-30Mark Binelli - Detroit City Is the Place to Be The Afterlife of an American Metropolis
- 2016-11-04Knowledge for What The Place of Social Science in American Culture
- 2014-06-11The Place of Fiction in the Time of Science: A Disciplinary History of American Writing
- 2014-06-09The Place of Fiction in the Time of Science: A Disciplinary History of American Writing
- 2013-01-07Detroit City Is the Place to Be: The Afterlife of an American Metropolis - Removed
- 2012-03-24The Place of Fiction in the Time of Science: A Disciplinary History of American Writing
- 2011-05-04Importing Democracy - Ideas from Around the World to Reform and Revitalize American Politics and Government
- 2010-06-30The Marketplace of Ideas: Reform and Reaction in the American University
- 2018-11-21Justice beyond 'Just Us' Dilemmas of Time, Place, and Difference in American Politics
- 2018-11-21Faith in the New Millennium The Future of Religion and American Politics
- 2018-11-01State Secrets A Documentation of the Secret Revolutionary Mainspring Governing Anglo-American Politics
- 2018-10-30The Paranoid Style in American Politics And Other Essays
- 2018-10-29The Poverty of American Politics A Theoretical Interpretation
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.