Posted on 2007-10-26. By anonymous.
Publisher: Springer; 1 edition
Paperback: 436 pages
Data: June 28, 2005
Description: Analyzing computer system performance is often regarded by most system administrators, IT professionals and software engineers as a black art that is too time consuming to learn and apply. Finally, this book by acclaimed performance analyst Dr. Neil Gunther makes this subject understandable and applicable through programmatic examples. The means to this end is the open-source performance analyzer Pretty Damn Quick (PDQ) written in Perl and available for download from the authorâˆ™s Website: www.perfdynamics.com.
As the epigraph in this book points out, Common sense is the pitfall of performance analysis. The performance analysis framework that replaces common sense is revealed in the first few chapters of Part I. The important queueing concepts embedded in PDQ are explained in a very simple style that does not require any knowledge of formal probability theory. Part II begins with a full specification of how to set up and use PDQ replete with examples written in Perl. Subsequent chapters present applications of PDQ to the performance analysis of multicomputer architectures, benchmark results, client/server scalability, and Web-based applications. The examples are not mere academic toys but are based on the author's experience analyzing the performance of large-scale systems over the past 20 years. By following his lead, you will quickly be able to set up your own Perl scripts for collecting data and exploring performance-by-design alternatives without inflating your manager™s schedule.
?| Download - (3 Mb)
- Ebooks list page : 1358
- 2009-04-10Analyzing Computer Systems Performance: With Perl::PDQ
- 2007-06-13Analyzing Computer Systems Performance with Perl:: PDQ
- 2013-03-26Analyzing Computer System Performance with Perl::PDQ, 2nd edition
- 2018-04-11Analyzing Computer System Performance with PerlPDQ
- 2011-05-16Hacking into computer systems
- 2019-09-30The Art of Computer Systems Performance Analysis; Techniques for Experimental Design, Measurement, Simulation, and Modeling
- 2017-12-04[PDF] Workload Modeling for Computer Systems Performance Evaluation
- 2012-08-23Paul Fortier D.Sc. "Computer Systems Performance Evaluation and Prediction"
- 2011-08-16Computer Systems Performance Evaluation and Prediction
- 2011-01-12Computer Systems Performance Evaluation and Prediction
- 2010-03-24Computer Systems Performance Evaluation and Prediction
- 2010-03-24Computer Systems Performance Evaluation and Prediction (Repost)
- 2009-07-28Computer Systems Performance Evaluation and Prediction (Repost)
- 2018-12-12Analytical Performance Modeling for Computer Systems
- 2018-11-23Computer Systems Experiences of Users with and Without Disabilities An Evaluation Guide for Professi...
- 2018-01-28[PDF] Dynamical Systems and Fractals: Computer Graphics Experiments with Pascal 1st Edition
- 2017-12-24[PDF] Computer Systems Experiences of Users with and Without Disabilities: An Evaluation Guide for Professionals (Rehabilitation Science in Practice Series)
- 2017-12-23[PDF] Analytical Performance Modeling for Computer Systems (Synthesis Lectures on Computer Science)
- 2017-11-07[PDF] Context-Enhanced Information Fusion: Boosting Real-World Performance with Domain Knowledge (Advances in Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.