Ancient Greece: Social and Historical Documents from Archaic Times to the Death of Alexander (Repost)
Tag: History and Military
Posted on 2013-01-04. By anonymous.
English | 2010 | ISBN: 0415473292 | 623 pages | PDF | 3.81 MB
In this revised edition, Matthew Dillon and Lynda Garland have expanded the chronological range of Ancient Greece to include the Greek world of the fourth century. The sourcebook now ranges from the first lines of Greek literature to the death of Alexander the Great, covering all of the main historical periods and social phenomena of ancient Greece. The material is taken from a variety of sources: historians, inscriptions, graffiti, law codes, epitaphs, decrees, drama and poetry. It includes the major literary authors, but also covers a wide selection of writers, including many non-Athenian authors. Whilst focusing on the main cities of ancient Greece - Athens and Sparta- the sourcebook also draws on a wide range of material concerning the Greeks in Egypt, Italy, Sicily, Asia Minor and the Black Sea.
Ancient Greece covers not only the chronological, political history of ancient Greece, but also explores the full spectrum of Greek life through topics such as gender, social class, race and labour. This revised edition includes:
- Two completely new chapters - "The Rise of Macedon" and "Alexander ?the Great?, 336-323" BC
- New material in the chapters on The City-State, Religion in the Greek World, Tyrants and Tyranny, The Peloponnesian War and its Aftermath, Labour: Slaves, Serfs and Citizens, and Women, Sexuality and the Family
It is structured so that:
- Thematically arranged chapters arranged allow students to build up gradually knowledge of the ancient Greek world
- Introductory essays to each chapter give necessary background to understand topic areas
- Linking commentaries help students understand the source extracts and what they reveal about the ancient Greeks
WANT MORE? VISIT MY BLOG!
- Ebooks list page : 20944
- 2021-04-23Ancient Greece: Social and Historical Documents from Archaic Times to the Death of Alexander the Great
- 2010-11-28Ancient Greece: Social and Historical Documents from Archaic Times to the Death of Alexander
- 2013-01-04Ancient Greece: Social & Historical Documents from Archaic Times to the Death of Socrates (Repost)
- 2020-12-26Ancient Greece Social & Historical Documents from Archaic Times to the Death of Socrates
- 2011-06-26Ancient Greece: Social & Historical Documents from Archaic Times to the Death of Socrates: Second Edition - Removed
- 2018-08-18Ancient Rome: Social and Historical Documents from the Early Republic to the Death of Augustus
- 2017-12-08[PDF] Ancient Rome: Social and Historical Documents from the Early Republic to the Death of Augustus (Routledge Sourcebooks for the Ancient World)
- 2017-02-16[PDF] Ancient Rome: Social and Historical Documents from the Early Republic to the Death of Augustus (Routledge Sourcebooks for the Ancient World)
- 2020-06-23Ancient Greece From the Archaic Period to the Death of Alexander the Great
- 2010-06-13The Social History of Art: From Prehistoric Times to the Middle Ages (Social History of Art (Routledge))
- 2013-08-22The Archaeology of Britain: An Introduction from Earliest Times to the Twenty-First Century (Repost)
- 2017-10-24[PDF] Warfare in Ancient Greece: Arms and Armour from the Heroes of Homer to Alexander the Great
- 2021-08-07Hans Beck Griet Vankeerberghen Rulers And Ruled In Ancient Greece Rome And China C
- 2021-05-31Hans Beck Griet Vankeerberghen Rulers and Ruled in Ancient Greece Rome and China Cambridge University Press 2021
- 2021-02-26Rulers and Ruled in Ancient Greece, Rome, and China
- 2020-08-08Ancient Greece A History: A comprehensive study of one of the most important periods in human history from the fall of Troy to the rise of Alexander the Great
- 2019-03-02The Gods of Ancient Greece Identities and Transformations (Edinburgh Leventis Studies)
- 2018-11-28The Developing Brain Building Language, Reading, Physical, Social, and Cognitive Skills from Birth t...
- 2018-10-29Japan After Japan Social and Cultural Life from the Recessionary 1990s to the Present
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.