Are You Watching Closely Cultural Paranoia, New Technologies, and the Contemporary Hollywood Misdire...
Posted on 2020-12-13, by book24h.
Are You Watching Closely?: Cultural Paranoia, New Technologies, and the Contemporary Hollywood Misdirection Film (SUNY Horizons of Cinema) by Seth Friedman
English | September 1, 2017 | ISBN: 1438465912, 1438465904 | PDF | 278 pages | 4 MB
Identifies a new genre-misdirection films-and explains its appeal to contemporary producers and audiences.
Are You Watching Closely? is the first book to explore the recent spate of "misdirection films," a previously unidentified Hollywood genre characterized by narratives that inspire viewers to reinterpret them retrospectively. Since 1990, Hollywood has backed more of these films than ever before, many of which, including The Sixth Sense (1999), A Beautiful Mind (2001), and Inception (2010), were both commercial and critical successes. Seth Friedman examines this genre in its sociocultural, industrial, and technological contexts to explain why it has become more attractive to producers and audiences.
The recent popularity of misdirection films, Friedman argues, is linked to new technologies that enable repeat viewings and online discussion, which makes it enticing to an industry that depends increasingly on the aftermarket, as well as to historically specific cultural developments. That is, in addition to being well suited for shifting industrial and technological conditions, these films are appealing because they suggest that it remains possible to know what "actually" occurred and who was "really" responsible for events at a time when it is also becoming increasingly recognized that "truth" is relative. Are You Watching Closely? shows how Hollywood's effective strategies for these changing circumstances put it at the forefront of a storytelling trend that has increasingly become important across media. Through close analyses of how misdirection films have been designed, marketed, and received in relation to their contexts, Friedman demonstrates the ways in which they epitomize a kind of narrative experimentation that has become a crucial facet of twenty-first-century audiovisual storytelling.
Visit My Profile News Here : https://www.ebookee.com/user/book24h
- Ebooks list page : 45730
- 2020-11-25Audience Evolution: New Technologies and the Transformation of Media Audiences
- 2019-12-14Who’s Driving Innovation?: New Technologies and the Collaborative State
- 2018-01-02[PDF] New Technologies and the Law of Armed Conflict
- 2017-10-22[PDF] The Rise of the New Oil Order: The Facts Behind the New Massive Supplies, the Exciting New Technologies and the Emerging Oil Powers of the XXIst Century
- 2014-01-25New Technologies and the Law of Armed Conflict
- 2012-04-05Cutting Edge Research in New Technologies
- 2011-11-02MPLS-Enabled Applications Emerging Developments and New Technologies
- 2021-07-06Are You Watching
- 2012-01-08New In Chess: The First 25 Years 1984 - 2009, An Anthology - Removed
- 2022-07-02Crude Oil New Technologies and Recent Approaches ed. by Manar Elsayed Abdel-Raouf, Mohamed Hasan El-Keshawy
- 2021-09-24A Lot of People Are Saying The New Conspiracism and the Assault on Democracy [AudioBook]
- 2021-08-08The Importance of New Technologies and Entrepreneurship in Business Development
- 2021-08-07Drivers and Barriers of Consumer Behavior Regarding New Technologies and Digital Channels - Removed
- 2021-08-03The Importance of New Technologies and Entrepreneurship in Business Development - Removed
- 2020-10-18Boron Science: New Technologies and Applications [True PDF]
- 2020-05-05A Lot Of People Are Saying The New Conspiracism And The Assault On Democracy by Na...
- 2020-03-16A Lot of People Are Saying: The New Conspiracism and the Assault on Democracy
- 2020-02-21New Technologies and Perinatal Medicine: Prediction and Prevention of Pregnancy Complications (Series In Maternal Fetal Medicine)
- 2019-12-05What Game Are You Playing?: A Framework for Redefining Success and Achieving What Matters Most
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.