Posted on 2019-10-06, updated at 2020-01-02, by everest555.
MP4 | Video: h264, 1280x720 | Audio: AAC, 48 KHz, 2 Ch
Genre: eLearning | Language: English + .VTT | Duration: 1.5 hours | Size: 831 MB
What you'll learn
You will learn about observing the Moon, Planets, Star Clusters, Nebula and even A galaxy you can see with the naked eye.
Learn why the stars appear to move as they do
Understand the celestial coordinate system, The Plane of the ecliptic and the Meridian
learn how to use a basic star chart
Tour the Night Sky as it appears in each of the four seasons
Discover the different types of binoculars and telescopes available to enhance your observing experience
The 10 things you MUST KNOW before buying a telescope
Explore How your eye perceives light and Color, how your pupils dilate and become Dark Adapted
There are no strict requirements for this course other than a love of learning and exploration
A computer printer is a nice to have, to be able to print handouts and Star Charts
In this Course I will give you an overview of what you can see from your backyard or favorite observing site with your naked eye, a good pair of binoculars, or a small telescope. As you will soon see, there's a lot more up there than just stars.
This course includes 23 Video lectures and several handouts designed to introduce you to the hobby of Backyard Astronomy.
The Course is delivered in to 9 easy to digest sections, to fit in to your busy schedule
We will start with a quick tour of what you can see in the night sky:
Including the Moon & Planets, Stars & Star Clusters, Nebulae and Galaxies.
Next you will look at the Celestial Sphere, learn how the sky moves and how to navigate the heavens.
Once you get your celestial bearings, you will learn to read a star chart and install a free planetarium program to help you simulate the night sky for any time of year.
Using your free planetarium software you will tour the Heavens in all four seasons, in both the Northern and Southern Hemispheres.
After you have a basic understanding of the Night Sky you will look at how to improve your observing pleasure with binoculars and small telescopes. You will learn the basic types of instruments , how they work, and what you need to know before buying a telescope or binoculars.
If you are curious about the Night Sky and want to learn more, this is a great introductory course to get you out and observing in the shortest possible time with the maximum enjoyment.
Who this course is for:
This Course is for anyone who would like to learn more about backyard Astronomy and stargazing
The lessons are easy to understand and accessible to any age group
- Ebooks list page : 41513
- 2020-01-02Backyard Astronomy
- 2019-10-28Backyard Astronomy
- 2019-10-26Backyard Astronomy
- 2018-07-18Astronomy for Older Eyes A Guide for Aging Backyard Astronomers (The Patrick Moore Practical Astronomy Series)
- 2018-01-28[PDF] Astronomy for Older Eyes: A Guide for Aging Backyard Astronomers (The Patrick Moore Practical Astronomy Series)
- 2017-03-24Astronomy for Older Eyes A Guide for Aging Backyard Astronomers (The Patrick Moore Practical Ast...
- 2012-09-21Astronomy Ebooks Collection - Volume 3
- 2012-09-21Astronomy Ebooks Collection - Volume 2
- 2012-09-21Astronomy Ebooks Collection - Volume 1
- 2012-09-16Atlas of the Universe [Introduction to Astronomy]
- 2012-05-26Practical Astronomy with your Calculator or Spreadsheet, 4 edition - Removed
- 2012-03-25Spiders (Backyard Safari)
- 2011-11-26A New Science Strategy for Space Astronomy and Astrophysics free ebook download
- 2011-10-27Weird Astronomy: Tales of Unusual, Bizarre, and Other Hard to Explain Observations
- 2020-08-05Backyard Beekeeping A Practical Guide to Learn How to Raise Your First Successful Bee Colonies
- 2020-08-05backyard chickens Practical guide to raise chickens. Discover the secret to became a backyard ex...
- 2020-07-28Backyard Farming: Growing Garlic: The Complete Guide to Planting, Growing, and Harvesting Garlic.
- 2020-07-28Meteor Showers: An Annotated Catalog (The Patrick Moore Practical Astronomy Series) Ed 2
- 2020-07-27A Journey through the Universe: Gresham Lectures on Astronomy
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.