Posted on 2013-10-02, by miada.
2013 | ISBN: 1430249927 | English | 252 pages | PDF | 5.25 MB
This book introduces novice developers to a range of data access strategies for storing and retreiving data both locally and remotely. It provides you with a range of fully working data access solutions and the insight you need to know when, and how, to apply each of the techniques to best advantage.
Focussing specifically on how the Windows 8 app developer can work with the Windows Runtime (often called Windows RT) framework this book provides careful analysis of the many options you have open to you, along with a comparision of their strengths and weaknesses under different conditions. With the days of a single database being the right choice for almost all development projects long gone. You will lean that the right choice for your app now depends on a variety of factors and getting it right will be critical to your customer's end user experience.
By the time you have read this book you will be familiar with the key data access considerations you will need to evaluate as you build you apps and you will be able to confidently select the data access architecture that is most appropriate to the app you want to build.
What you'll learn
Understand the data access capability of WinRT
Explore the various data access strategies
Understand local storage in Windows 8 Apps
Discover how to use HTML5 indexedDB as an offline database
Use SQLite and SQL Server with Windows 8 Apps
Develop ASP.NET MVC 4 Web API data stores
Learn how to consume data through a WCF Service
Integrate your app with Public Web Services using REST
See how SQL Azure can extend your Windows 8 Apps
Who this book is for
This book is for all the .NET, iOS, Android and Windows Phone app developers looking to develop data driven Windows 8 style apps. You should be comfortable with basic programming concepts and have worked with simple data stores previously.
Table of Contents
Introducing Windows 8 development from a data perspective
Windows 8 Modern app data access strategies
Selecting the right strategy for your app
Local Data Access I : JET API
Local Data Access: II: IndexedDB
Dealing with Application Data
WCF RIA Services
ASP.NET Web API
Windows Phone 8 Data Access
Buy Premium To Support Me & Get Resumable Support & Max Speed
- Ebooks list page : 23369
- 2013-12-02Beginning Windows 8 Data Development - eazydoc.com
- 2013-11-05Exam Ref 70-482 - Advanced Windows Store App Development Using HTML5 and Java Script - Removed
- 2013-11-04Exam Ref 70-482 - Advanced Windows Store App Development Using HTML5 and Java Script - Removed
- 2013-11-01Exam Ref 70-482 Advanced Windows Store App Development Using HTML5 and Java Script - Removed
- 2013-10-28Exam Ref 70-482: Advanced Windows Store App Development Using HTML5 and Java Script - Removed
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.