Posted on 2013-09-17, by pherick.
Behavioural Adaptation and Road Safety - Theory, Evidence and Action
English | ISBN: 1439856672 | 2013 | 467 pages | PDF | 43 MB
Despite being an accepted construct in traffic and transport psychology, the precise nature of behavioural adaptation, including its causes and consequences, has not yet been established within the road safety community.
A comprehensive collection of recent literature, Behavioural Adaptation and Road Safety: Theory, Evidence, and Action explores behavioural adaptation in road users. It examines behavioural adaptation within the context of historical and theoretical perspectives, and puts forth tangible and practical solutions that can effectively address adverse behavioural adaptation to road safety interventions before it occurs.
Edited by Christina Rudin-Brown and Samantha Jamson, with chapters authored by leading road safety experts in driver psychology and behaviour, the book introduces the concept of behavioural adaptation and details its more relevant issues. It reviews the definition of behavioural adaptation that was put forward by the OECD in 1990 and then puts this definition through its paces, identifying where it may be lacking and how it might be improved. This sets the context for the remaining chapters which take the OECD definition as their starting points.
The book discusses the various theories and models of behavioural adaptation and more general theories of driver behaviour developed during the last half century. It provides examples of the "evidence" for behavioural adaptation instances in which behavioural adaptation arose as a consequence of the introduction of safety countermeasures. The book then focuses on the internal, "human" element and considers countermeasures that might be used to limit the development of behavioural adaptation in various road user groups. The book concludes with practical tools and methodologies to address behavioural adaptation in research and design, and to limit the potential negative effects before they happen.
Supplying easy-to-understand, accessible solutions that can be implemented early on in a road safety intervention's design or conception phase, the chapters represent the most extensive compilation of literature relating to behavioural adaptation and its consequences since the 1990 OECD report. The book brings together earlier theories of behavioural adaptation with more recent theories in the area and combines them with practical advice, methods, and tangible solutions that can minimise the potential negative impact of behavioural adaptation on road user safety and address it before it occurs. It is an essential component of any road safety library, and should be of particular relevance to researchers, practitioners, designers, and policymakers who are interested in maximizing safety while at the same time encouraging innovation and excellence in road transport-related design.
- Ebooks list page : 23242
- 2018-10-06Behavioural Adaptation and Road Safety: Theory, Evidence and Action
- 2013-09-25Behavioural Adaptation and Road Safety: Theory, Evidence and Action
- 2013-09-13Behavioural Adaptation and Road Safety: Theory, Evidence and Action
- 2018-01-24[PDF] Aging is a Group-Selected Adaptation: Theory, Evidence, and Medical Implications
- 2011-09-09Climate Change - Research and Technology for Adaptation and Mitigation
- 2020-05-31Human-Centred Web Adaptation and Personalization: From Theory to Practice (Human–Computer Interaction Series)
- 2020-05-16Accounting Information and Equity Valuation: Theory, Evidence, and Applications (Springer Series in Accounting Scholarship)
- 2020-05-13Intelligent Transportation Systems: Dependable Vehicular Communications for Improved Road Safety (Studies in Systems, Decision and Control)
- 2019-12-10Advancing Surgical Education: Theory, Evidence and Practice (Innovation and Change in Professional Education)
- 2019-12-10Vision Zero for Sustainable Road Safety in Baltic Sea Region (Lecture Notes in Intelligent Transportation and Infrastructure)
- 2019-01-25Nocturnal Non-Invasive Ventilation Theory, Evidence, and Clinical Practice - Removed
- 2019-01-24X-Efficiency Theory, Evidence and Applications - Removed
- 2019-01-11Nocturnal Non-Invasive Ventilation Theory, Evidence, and Clinical Practice
- 2019-01-10X-Efficiency Theory, Evidence and Applications
- 2019-01-06Nocturnal Non-Invasive Ventilation Theory, Evidence, and Clinical Practice
- 2018-12-28X-Efficiency Theory, Evidence and Applications
- 2018-12-16Internet of Things in Automotive Industries and Road Safety : Electronic Circuits, Program Coding and Cloud Servers
- 2018-12-13European Monetary Union Theory, Evidence, and Policy
- 2018-11-01Human-Centred Web Adaptation and Personalization From Theory to Practice
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.