Beyond IPM: Introduction to the Theory of Holistic Pest Management (Sustainability in Plant and Crop Protection (15))
Posted on 2020-04-08, by books_lover.
About 15 years ago, we asked ourselves why the methods developed by the research institutions for the management of pests were almost not used by small landholder farmers. It seemed obvious to us that conventional pest control –called “Integrated Pest Management”– was based on a reductionist approach. In reviewing the literature on the subject, we found that our concern was not new or unique. The agreement of some authors with our ideas reinforced our efforts to find a holistic approach to pest management. We took two central ideas to develop the holistic approach: First, pest management actions must put the farmer at the center of the system. Second, pest management must consider not only both pests but the other important components of the system in question. This approach based on the farmers and the systems in which they are immersed, is called “Holistic Pest Management” or HPM. In this book, I present the philosophy and practice of HPM, a new paradigm of pest management.
- Ebooks list page : 43193
- 2020-02-28Sustainable Management of Phytoplasma Diseases in Crops Grown in the Tropical Belt: Biology and Detection (Sustainability in Plant and Crop Protection)
- 2020-02-19An Introduction to the Theory of Higher-dimensional Quasiconformal Mappings (Mathematical Surveys and Monographs)
- 2018-01-30[PDF] Introduction to the Theory of Games: Concepts, Methods, Applications (Nonconvex Optimization and Its Applications) - Removed
- 2018-01-26[PDF] Introduction to the Theory of Statistics (McGraw-Hill series in probability and statistics)
- 2017-11-16[PDF] An introduction to the theory of canonical matrices, by H.W. Turnbull and A.C. Aitken
- 2011-11-13Introduction to the Theory of Laser-Atom Interactions (Physics of Atoms and Molecules)
- 2011-01-01Introduction to the Theory of Laser-Atom Interactions (Physics of Atoms and Molecules)
- 2012-03-04| Peter Grant, "The Business of Giving: The Theory and Practice of Philanthropy, Grantmaking and Social Investment" - Removed
- 2011-12-31The Theory of Permutable Functions by Vito Volterra
- 2011-09-11"The Theory of Permutable Functions" by Vito Volterra
- 2009-05-06Space And Time In Contemporary Physics: An Introduction To The Theory Of Relativity And Gravitation
- 2021-03-24Socially Engaged Art History and Beyond: Alternative Approaches to the Theory and Practice of Art History - Removed
- 2021-03-01Socially Engaged Art History and Beyond: Alternative Approaches to the Theory and Practice of Art History - Removed
- 2020-12-17Sequents and Trees An Introduction to the Theory and Applications of Propositional Sequent Calculi
- 2020-06-18An Introduction to the Theory of Reproducing Kernel Hilbert Spaces (Cambridge Studies in Advanced Mathematics) - Removed
- 2020-05-31An Introduction to the Theory of Numbers, 6 Edition
- 2020-05-25Introduction to the Theory of Standard Monomials: Second Edition (Texts and Readings in Mathematics)
- 2020-05-13Introduction to the Theory of Soft Matter: From Ideal Gases to Liquid Crystals (Soft and Biological Matter)
- 2020-04-24An Introduction to the Theory of Mechanism Design
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.