Posted on 2018-05-19, updated at 2018-06-15, by perica123.
Bibi [Audiobook] by Anshel Pfeffer
English | May 1st, 2018 | ASIN: B07CQ5MP3R, ISBN: 1549199129 | MP3@64 kbps | 18 hrs 46 mins | 515.80 MB
Narrator: Paul Boehmer
A deeply reported biography of the scandal-plagued Israeli prime minister, showing that we cannot understand Israel - its history, present, and future - without first understanding the life and worldview of the man who leads it
Benjamin Netanyahu is embroiled in numerous scandals, all of his own making, and may soon be ousted from the office he has held longer than any prior Israeli prime minister outside of David Ben Gurion. But Bibi, as he is known by friend and foe alike, is no stranger to controversy. For many in Israel and elsewhere, he is an embarrassment, a threat to democracy, even a precursor to Donald Trump. He nevertheless continues to dominate Israeli public life - and he may yet survive his current crises, the most challenging of his career. How can we explain Netanyahu's rise, his hold on Israeli politics, and his outsized role on the world's stage?
In Bibi, the Haaretz journalist Anshel Pfeffer argues that we must view Netanyahu as representing the triumph of the underdogs in the Zionist enterprise. Born in 1949, one year after the state of Israel itself, Netanyahu came of age in a nation dominated by liberal, secular Zionists. Yet Netanyahu's grandfather and father bequeathed to him a brand of Zionism integrating Jewish nationalism and religious traditionalism, and he identified with the groups at the margins of Israeli society: right-wing Revisionists, orthodox, Mizrahi Jews and small-time professionals living in the new towns and cities dotting the Israeli landscape. Netanyahu cultivated each faction individually and then fused them into a coalition that has frequently proven unstoppable in Israeli politics.
Netanyahu is also a child of America, where he spent many years as a young man and where he learned the techniques of modern political campaigns as well as the necessity of controlling the media cycle. The product of the affluent East Coast Jewish community and the Reagan era, Netanyahu's politics and worldview were formed as much by American Cold War conservatism as by his family's hard-line right-wing Zionism.
As Pfeffer demonstrates in this penetrating biography, Netanyahu's influence will endure even if his career soon comes to an end. The Israel he has helped make is a hybrid of ancient phobia and high-tech hope, tribalism, and globalism - just like the man himself.
- Ebooks list page : 36191
- 2018-06-15Bibi [Audiobook]
- 2018-06-08Bibi [Audiobook]
- 2011-11-17Exceptional Clearance (Audiobook)
- 2019-10-07Hiit: Burn Fat Faster with HIIT Workouts [Audiobook]-P2P
- 2019-10-01QI: The Sound of General Ignorance (Audiobook)
- 2019-09-30Stronghold: One Man's Quest to Save the World's Wild Salmon [Audiobook]
- 2019-09-30The Demon Haunted World: Science as a Candle in the Dark(Audiobook)
- 2019-09-30The Return of Odin: The Modern Renaissance of Pagan Imagination (Audiobook)
- 2019-09-30The Power of Sports: Media and Spectacle in American Culture (Audiobook)
- 2019-09-30The AI Advantage: How to Put the Artificial Intelligence Revolution to Work [Audiobook]
- 2019-09-30Start Where You Are by Chris Gardner, Mim E. Rivas [Audiobook]
- 2019-09-30Python for Beginners: 2 Manuscripts(Audiobook)
- 2019-09-30High: Drugs, Desire & a Nation of Users (Audiobook)
- 2019-09-30Elon Musk: Tesla, SpaceX, and the Quest for a Fantastic Future(Audiobook)
- 2019-09-30Country Driving: A Journey Through China from Farm to Factory [Audiobook]
- 2019-09-27Bruce Lee Legend by IntroBooks [Audiobook]
- 2019-09-27Jussi Adler Olsen Miese Kleine Morde Ungekuerzt AUDIOBOOK DE 2018
- 2019-09-26The Leader Who Had No Title: A Modern Fable on Real Success in Business and in Life (Audiobook)
- 2019-09-26How to Fall Asleep by John Mac [Audiobook]
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.