Tag: History and Military
Posted on 2013-08-18. By anonymous.
John R. Bruning, "Bombs Away!: The World War II Bombing Campaigns over Europe"
ISBN: 0760339902 | 2011 | EPUB | 300 pages | 53 MB
Bombs Away! covers strategic bombing in Europe during World War II, that is, all aerial bombardment of a strategic nature which took place between 1939 and 1945. In addition to American (U.S. Army Air Forces) and British (RAF Bomber Command) strategic aerial campaigns against Germany, this book covers German use of strategic bombing during the Naziâ€™s conquest of Europe: the Battle of Britain, Operation Barbarossa, and the V 1 and V 2, where the Luftwaffe targeted Warsaw and Rotterdam (known as the Rotterdam Blitz). In addition, the book covers the blitzes against London and the bombing of other British industrial and port cities, such as Birmingham, Liverpool, Southampton, Manchester, Bristol, Belfast, Cardiff, and Coventry bombed during the Battle of Britain.
The twin Allied campaigns against Germanyâ€”the USAAF by day, the RAF by nightâ€”built up into massive bombing of German industrial areas, notably the Ruhr, followed by attacks directly on cities such as Hamburg, Kassel, Pforzheim, Mainz, Cologne, Bremen, Essen, Dusseldorf, Hanover, Dortmund, Frankfurt, and the still controversial fire-bombing of Hamburg and Dresden. In addition to obvious targets like aircraft and tank manufacturers, ball bearing factories and plants that manufactured abrasives and grinding wheels were high priority targets.
Petroleum refineries were a key target with USAAF aircraft based in North Africa and later Italy, bombing the massive refinery complexes in and around Ploesti, Romania, until August 1944 when the Soviet Red Army captured the area. Other missions included industrial targets in southern Germany like Regensburg and Schweinfurt.
Missions to the Nazi capital, Berlin, started in 1940 and continued through March 1945. Throughout the war there were 314 air raids on Berlin.
All of this is covered in detail with authoritative text and hundreds of archival photographs, many rare or never before published.
- Ebooks list page : 22992
- 2021-07-10John R Bruning - Bombs Away!- The World War II Bombing Campaigns over Europe (azw3 epub mobi)
- 2013-09-03Bombs Away!: The World War II Bombing Campaigns over Europe by John R. Bruning
- 2011-10-24Bombs Away! The World War II Bombing Campaigns Over Europe
- 2011-10-20United States Army in the World War, 1917-1919 Volume 1: Organization of the American Expeditionary Forces
- 2017-11-19[PDF] Bombs Away: The Hot War - Removed
- 2009-12-26The 363rd Fighter Group in World War II in Action over Europe with the P-51 Mustang
- 2009-10-05The 356th Fighter Group in World War II: In Action Over Europe with the P-47 and P-51
- 2012-06-07The German Army in World War II (Osprey General Military) - Removed
- 2012-06-07The Reich Intruders: Dramatic RAF Medium Bomber Raids Over Europe in World War Two
- 2012-06-03The Spicer Web: The Romance of a Flying-Boat Flight in the First World War
- 2012-05-22Aircraft of World War II (The Aviation Factfile)
- 2012-05-21The Royal Air Force of World War Two In Colour
- 2012-05-20Over There!: The American Soldier in World War I (The G.I.Series #7)
- 2012-05-19German Helmets Of The Second World War Vol.2
- 2012-05-16The Horse Soldier 1776-1943 Vol.IV: World War I, the Peacetime Army, World War II 1917-1943
- 2012-05-12Battle Colors Volume III: Insignia and Tactical Markings Of The Ninth Air Force In World War Two
- 2012-05-11Panzers In The Balkans And Italy Quarrie (World War 2 Photo Album #19)
- 2011-12-04No Greater Ally: The Untold Story of Poland's Forces in World War II (Osprey General Military) - No Greater Ally, The Untold Story, World War, Osprey General Military
- 2011-11-17No Greater Ally: The Untold Story of Poland's Forces in World War II (Osprey General Military)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.