Posted on 2022-03-15, by book24h.
PROF. Isabelle Sommier, PROF. Graeme Hayes, Isabelle Ollitrault, "Breaking Laws: Violence and Civil Disobedience in Protest"
English | 2019 | ISBN: 9089649344 | PDF | pages: 275 | 1.6 mb
Breaking Laws: Violence and Civil Disobedience in Protest questions the complex relationship between social movements and violence through two contrasted lenses; first through the short-lived radical left wing post '68 revolutionary violence, and secondly in the present diffusion of civil disobedience actions, often at the border between non-violence and violence. This book shows how and why violence occurs or does not, and what different meanings it can take. The short-lived extreme left revolutionary groups that grew out of May '68 and the opposition to the Vietnam War (such as the German Red Army Faction, the Italian Red Brigades, and the Japanese Red Army) are without any doubt on the violent side. More ambiguous are the burgeoning contemporary forms of "civil" disobedience, breaking the law with the aim of changing it. In theory, these efforts are associated with non-violence and self-restraint. In practice, the line is more difficult to trace, as much depends on how political players define and frame non-violence and political legitimacy.
Visit My Profile News Here : https://www.ebookee.com/user/book24h
- Ebooks list page : 51733
- 2022-07-16BREAKING SOUL TIES AND TIONAL CURSES BY DR. Eo BERNARD JORDAN Free Download
- 2022-10-12Impacts of the Covid-19 Pandemic International Laws, Policies, and Civil Liberties
- 2020-07-16The Coming Swarm: DDOS Actions, Hacktivism, and Civil Disobedience on the Internet
- 2017-12-16[PDF] The Coming Swarm: DDOS Actions, Hacktivism, and Civil Disobedience on the Internet
- 2011-07-27Henry David Thoreau, "Walden and Civil Disobedience" [Audio, Unabridged]
- 2011-07-26Walden and Civil Disobedience (Audiobook)
- 2011-07-25Walden and Civil Disobedience [Audiobook]
- 2017-10-28[PDF] Civil Disobedience: Protest, Justification and the Law
- 2022-07-16Sites of Violence and Memory in Modern Spain From the Spanish Civil War to the Present Day
- 2022-07-10Peace and Violence in Brazil Reflections on the Roles of State, Organized Crime and Civil Society - Removed
- 2022-02-05Walden And On The Duty Of Civil Disobedience Henry David Thoreau
- 2021-01-23Political Violence and the Authoritarian State in Peru Silencing Civil Society - Removed
- 2020-12-22Cassius Dio The Impact of Violence, War, and Civil War
- 2019-01-31Conscience and Conviction The Case for Civil Disobedience
- 2019-01-14Conscience and Conviction The Case for Civil Disobedience
- 2018-04-25Civil Disobedience in Global Perspective Decency and Dissent over Borders, Inequities, and Government Secrecy
- 2017-12-26[PDF] Conscience and Conviction: The Case for Civil Disobedience
- 2017-10-30[PDF] Violence and Colonial Order: Police, Workers and Protest in the European Colonial Empires, 1918-1940 (Critical Perspectives on Empire)
- 2017-10-23[PDF] Armed Group Structure and Violence in Civil Wars: The Organizational Dynamics of Civilian Killing (Routledge Studies in Civil Wars and Intra-State Conflict)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.