Posted on 2020-11-07, by nokia241186.
English | ASIN: B086FDB6PR | 2020 |
Alan Allport, James Langton (Narrator), "Britain at Bay: The Epic Story of the Second World War, 1938-1941"
A sweeping, groundbreaking epic that combines military with social history, to illuminate the ways in which Great Britain and its people were permanently transformed by the Second World War.
Here is the many-faceted, world-historically significant story of Britain at war. In looking closely the military and political dimensions of the conflict's first crucial years, Alan Allport tackles questions such as: Could the war have been avoided? Could it have been lost? Were the strategic decisions the rights ones? How well did the British organize and fight? How well did the British live up to their own values? What difference did the war make in the end to the fate of the nation?
In answering these and other essential questions he focuses on the human contingencies of the war, weighing directly at the roles of individuals and the outcomes determined by luck or chance. Moreover, he looks intimately at the changes in wartime British society and culture. Britain at Bay draws on a large cast of characters - from the leading statesmen and military commanders who made the decisions, to the ordinary men, women, and children who carried them out and lived through their consequences - in a comprehensible and compelling single history of 46 million people. For better or worse, much of Britain today is ultimately the product of the experiences of 1938-1941.
(Buy premium account for maximum speed and resuming ability)
- Ebooks list page : 45171
- 2012-05-19German Helmets Of The Second World War Vol.2
- 2020-11-05Britain at Bay: The Epic Story of the Second World War, 1938 1941, US Edition
- 2012-04-11The Royal Armoured Corps Tank Museum (part 3).The Second World War 1940-1946
- 2018-09-28The Origins of the Second World War 1933-1941
- 2017-12-25[PDF] Fighting to Lose: The German Intelligence Service in the Second World War, 1939-1941 (Secrets of the Second World War)
- 2012-06-03The Spicer Web: The Romance of a Flying-Boat Flight in the First World War
- 2021-06-24Britain's War Machine: Weapons, Resources, and Experts in the Second World War
- 2021-03-25Stopping Hitler: An Official Account of How Britain Planned to Defend Itself in the Second World War (EPUB)
- 2021-02-26Stopping Hitler: An Official Account of How Britain Planned to Defend Itself in the Second World War (EPUB)
- 2021-02-09Stopping Hitler: An Official Account of How Britain Planned to Defend Itself in the Second World War (EPUB)
- 2021-01-07A Perfect Hell: The Forgotten Story of the Canadian Commandos of the Second World War
- 2020-12-14The Crisis of the Meritocracy Britain's Transition to Mass Education since the Second World War
- 2020-11-17Aviation in the Second World War Battle of Britain - October 2020
- 2020-10-20Aviation In The Second World War - Battle Of Britain, 2020
- 2020-10-18Aviation In The Second World War Battle Of Britain, 2020
- 2020-07-25The Women Who Spied for Britain: Female Secret Agents of the Second World War
- 2020-03-18Secret Wartime Britain: Hidden Places that Helped Win the Second World War
- 2019-12-08American Sutra: A Story of Faith and Freedom in the Second World War
- 2019-02-16American Sutra: A Story of Faith and Freedom in the Second World War
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.