Posted on 2022-03-23, by book24h.
Brian Phillips Murphy, "Building the Empire State: Political Economy in the Early Republic "
English | ISBN: 0812247167 | 2015 | 304 pages | PDF | 2 MB
Building the Empire State examines the origins of American capitalism by tracing how and why business corporations were first introduced into the economy of the early republic. Brian Phillips Murphy follows the collaborations between political leaders and a group of unelected political entrepreneurs, including Robert R. Livingston and Alexander Hamilton, who persuaded legislative powers to grant monopolies corporate status in order to finance and manage civic institutions. Murphy shows how American capitalism grew out of the convergence of political and economic interests, wherein political culture was shaped by business strategies and institutions as much as the reverse.
Focusing on the state of New York, a onetime mercantile colony that became home to the first American banks, utilities, canals, and transportation infrastructure projects, surveys the changing institutional ecology during the first five decades following the American Revolution. Through sustained attention to the Manhattan Company, the steamboat monopoly, the Erie Canal, and the New York & Erie Railroad, Murphy traces the ways entrepreneurs marshaled political and financial capital to sway legislators to support their private plans and interests. By playing a central role in the creation and regulation of institutions that facilitated private commercial transactions, New York State's political officials created formal and informal precedents for the political economy throughout the northeastern United States and toward the expanding westward frontier. The political, economic, and legal consequences organizing the marketplace in this way continue to be felt in the vast influence and privileged position held by corporations in the present day.
Visit My Profile News Here : https://www.ebookee.com/user/book24h
- Ebooks list page : 51878
- 2018-01-21[PDF] Building Modern Turkey: State, Space, and Ideology in the Early Republic (Culture Politics & the Built Environment)
- 2011-12-28Advice and Support: The Early Years, 1941-1960
- 2011-09-05Advice and Support: The Early Years, 1941-1960
- 2021-03-03The Origins of the Roman Economy: From the Iron Age to the Early Republic in a Mediterranean Perspective
- 2018-04-11Building the American Republic, Volume 2 A Narrative History from 1877 - Removed
- 2018-01-31[PDF] The Center of a Great Empire: The Ohio Country in the Early Republic
- 2017-11-26[PDF] Suffering Soldiers: Revolutionary War Veterans, Moral Sentiment, and Political Culture in the Early Republic
- 2013-03-30Empire of Liberty: A History of the Early Republic, 1789-1815 (repost)
- 2013-03-26Empire of Liberty - A History of the Early Republic (Audiobook)
- 2013-03-24Empire of Liberty: A History of the Early Republic (Audiobook)
- 2012-11-14Modernism and Nation Building: Turkish Architectural Culture in the Early Republic (Repost)
- 2011-12-31Empire of Liberty: A History of the Early Republic
- 2011-10-19Empire of Liberty: A History of the Early Republic, 1789-1815 (Oxford History of the United States)
- 2011-06-15Suffering Soldiers: Revolutionary War Veterans, Moral Sentiment, and Political Culture in the Early Republic
- 2011-01-07Empire of Liberty: A History of the Early Republic, 1789-1815
- 2010-05-12Modernism and Nation Building: Turkish Architectural Culture in the Early Republic
- 2010-01-16Empire of Liberty: A History of the Early Republic, 1789-1815
- 2022-06-27The Remarkable Rise of Eliza Jumel A Story of Marriage and Money in the Early Republic
- 2021-11-27Taming Lust - Crimes Against Nature in the Early Republic
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.