Posted on 2018-09-20, by nokia241186.
Bushmen Soldiers: The History of 31, 201 & 203 Battalions During the Border War 1974-90 by Ian Uys
English | July 19, 2014 | ISBN: 1909384585 | EPUB | 320 pages | 101.7 MB
The Bushman soldiers were the most outstanding all-round fighters of the Border War. As the first of the indigenous population to take up arms on South Africa's behalf, they were among the last to lay them down. The border's oldest and most bush-wise people, they became feared as relentless trackers and dedicated soldiers.
Coming from a primitive hunter/gatherer culture, they responded well to a crash course in modern warfare. Their use of automatic weapons and mortars, coupled with their phenomenal tracking abilities, made them a formidable fighting force.
During Operation Savannah they were deployed in a conventional role as Battle-Group Alpha, part of Task Force Zulu, and advanced approximately 2,000 kilometers in a month. Afterwards, some of the Bushmen were trained as parachutists and served as Recces behind enemy lines. Others were attached to various units as trackers and guides.
Their loyalty and bravery was recognized in the award of Honoris Crux decorations to members and former members of this elite corps. Controversy followed the battalion to South Africa after the war. Persecuted for centuries, the Bushmen have displayed an uncanny ability to survive and have adapted remarkably well to the modern world.
Their transition from the Stone Age in less than 20 years is a story, which will never be forgotten. Hailed as the 'Gurkhas of Africa' the Bushmen have proved themselves second to none.
This is an exceptional record of 31 and 201 Battalions and their remarkable personnel, fully illustrated with many photographs.
(Buy premium account for maximum speed and resuming ability)
- Ebooks list page : 37174
- 2018-07-29Bushmen Soldiers The History of 31, 201 & 203 Battalions During the Border War 1974-90
- 2011-10-11The Korean War: Years of Stalemate (July 1951 - July 1953)
- 2011-10-11The Korean War: Restoring the Balance (25 January - 8 July 1951)
- 2011-10-11The Korean War: The Chinese Intervention (3 November 1950 - 24 January 1951)
- 2011-10-11The Korean War: The UN Offensive (16 September - 2 November 1950)
- 2011-10-11The Korean War: The Outbreak (27 June - 15 September 1950)
- 2012-05-18The Desert War
- 2012-05-16Military Uniforms in America Vol.III Long Endure: The Civil War Period 1852-1867
- 2012-01-241861: The Civil War Awakening
- 2012-01-21Soviet Ground and Rocket Forces (The Illustrated War Library 4)
- 2011-11-07The Air War In Southeast Asia (Case Studies of Selected Campaigns)
- 2021-03-25South African Armour of the Border War 1975-89
- 2021-02-26South African Armour of the Border War 1975-89
- 2021-02-10South African Armour of the Border War 1975-89
- 2020-11-23The Stuff of Soldiers: A History of the Red Army in World War II through Objects (PDF)
- 2019-08-23A Pocket History of the Civil War Citizen Soldiers, Bloody Battles, and the Fight for America's F...
- 2018-09-19The Secret History of Soldiers: How Canadians Survived the Great War - Removed
- 2017-12-27[PDF] Citizen Soldiers: The Liverpool Territorials in the First World War (Studies in the Social and Cultural History of Modern Warfare)
- 2014-03-08Identification Discs Of Union Soldiers In The Civil War: A Complete Classification Guide and Illustrated History (Repost)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.