Posted on 2009-01-10. By anonymous.
Springer | 2008-09-30 | ISBN: 0387764941 | 485 pages | PDF | 6,8 MB
Bioengineering and biotechnology are exploding¡ªthe number of career opportunities is expected to increase twice as fast as for other science and engineering fields over the next decade. Bioengineers and biotechnologists have enormous potential to meet employment needs ranging from traditional careers in science and engineering through a host of alternative career pathways.
This book provides a roadmap to the broad and varied career development opportunities in bioengineering, biotechnology, and related fields. Eminent practitioners lay out career paths related to academia, industry, government and regulatory affairs, healthcare, law, marketing, entrepreneurship, and more.
Lifetimes of experience and wisdom are shared, including "war stories," strategies for success, avoidance of common pitfalls, and discussions of the authors¡¯ personal views and motivations. Career Development in Bioengineering and Biotechnology is an indispensable guide to some of the most exciting career and professional growth opportunities in science, engineering, and beyond, and a "must read" for anyone interested in a career related to this burgeoning field.
From the Foreword by U.S. National Medal of Science Laureate and Institute Professor Robert Langer, Massachusetts Institute of Technology: "This book provides a wealth of information and should serve as an excellent resource¡The editors have gone to great effort to discuss a variety of critical topics in the burgeoning areas of bioengineering and biotechnology."
From the Introduction by Dr. Bruce Alberts, President Emeritus of the U.S. National Academy of Sciences and Co-chair of the InterAcademy Council: "I am very impressed with the enormous dedication and skill that created this major, highly-original contribution ¨C I know of nothing like it."
From the Editorial by Dr. Joachim Nagel, President, International Union for Physical and Engineering Sciences in Medicine, and past president of the International Federation for Medical and Biological Engineering: "This book provides all the answers and can be highly recommended as the ultimate guide to anyone interested in bioengineering and biotechnology. The book arrives at a crucial time, and catapults bioengineering and biotechnology to the forefront of disciplines and to a rightly held pinnacle of inspiration for engineers, scientists, and technologists."
From the Afterword by Dr. Shu Chien, President, Biomedical Engineering Society and past president of the American Physiological Society and of the American Institute of Medical and Biological Engineering: "¡this is truly an outstanding book that is the first of its kind...certainly a pioneering contribution."
- Ebooks list page : 2174
- 2012-01-06R. Langer, â€œCareer Development in Bioengineering and Biotechnologyâ€ (repost)
- 2020-05-19Leadership Strategies for Women: Lessons from Four Queens on Leadership and Career Development (Management for Professionals)
- 2020-05-17Diversity Intelligence: Integrating Diversity Intelligence alongside Intellectual, Emotional, and Cultural Intelligence for Leadership and Career Development
- 2020-04-26Total Sportscasting: Performance, Production, and Career Development
- 2019-12-04Workforce Inter-Personnel Diversity: The Power to Influence Human Productivity and Career Development
- 2019-11-30Natural Bio-active Compounds: Volume 3: Biotechnology, Bioengineering, and Molecular Approaches
- 2019-11-27Microalgae Biotechnology for Development of Biofuel and Wastewater Treatment
- 2018-12-18Career Development and Career Success Course
- 2018-11-21Total Sportscasting Performance, Production, and Career Development
- 2017-12-31[PDF] Handbook of Career Development: International Perspectives (International and Cultural Psychology)
- 2017-12-25[PDF] Diversity Intelligence: Integrating Diversity Intelligence alongside Intellectual, Emotional, and Cultural Intelligence for Leadership and Career Development - Removed
- 2017-12-25[PDF] Biochemistry and Biotechnology: Research and Development (Biochemistry Research Trends Biotechnology in Agriculture, Industry and Medicine)
- 2017-12-23[PDF] Career Development, Employment, and Disability in Rehabilitation: From Theory to Practice
- 2017-12-22[PDF] Psychological, Educational, and Sociological Perspectives on Success and Well-Being in Career Development - Removed
- 2017-12-07[PDF] Leadership Strategies for Women: Lessons from Four Queens on Leadership and Career Development (Management for Professionals)
- 2017-11-20[PDF] Total Sportscasting: Performance, Production, and Career Development
- 2017-11-19[PDF] Career Development and Systems Theory: Connecting Theory and Practice, 3rd Edition
- 2017-11-19[PDF] Career Development and Counseling: Putting Theory and Research to Work
- 2017-11-13[PDF] Plant Development and Biotechnology
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.