Cities, Railways, Modernities: London, Paris, and the Nineteenth Century (Routledge Advances in Urban History)
Posted on 2020-02-25, by books_lover.
Cities, Railways, Modernities chronicles the transformation that London and Paris experienced during the nineteenth century through the lens of the London Underground and the Paris Métro. By highlighting the multiple ways in which the future of the two cities was imagined and the role that railways played in that process, it challenges and refines two of the most dominant myths of urban modernity: A planned Paris and an unplanned London. The book recovers a significant body of work around the ideas, the plans, the context and the building of metropolitan railways in the two cities to provide new insights into the relationship of transport technologies and urban change during the nineteenth century.
- Ebooks list page : 42783
- 2012-03-17Tithe and Agrarian History from the Fourteenth to the Nineteenth Century: An Essay in Comparative History By Emmanuel le Roy Ladurie, Joseph Goy
- 2009-07-24The Great Stink of Paris and the Nineteenth-Century Struggle against Filth and Germs - Removed
- 2009-04-20The Great Stink of Paris and the Nineteenth-Century Struggle against Filth and Germs
- 2020-01-13Respectability as Moral Map and Public Discourse in the Nineteenth Century (Routledge Studies in Cultural History)
- 2019-06-15The Demographic Imagination and the Nineteenth-Century City: Paris, London, New York
- 2019-05-05The Demographic Imagination and the Nineteenth-Century City Paris, London, New York
- 2019-03-26The Demographic Imagination and the Nineteenth-Century City Paris, London, New York
- 2017-11-25[PDF] The Demographic Imagination and the Nineteenth-Century City: Paris, London, New York (Cambridge Studies in Nineteenth-Century Literature and Culture)
- 2022-01-11Overwhelmed - Literature, Aesthetics, and the Nineteenth-Century Information Revolution
- 2021-07-24The Victorian Internet The Remarkable Story of the Telegraph and the Nineteenth Century's On-line Pioneers
- 2020-04-29Reading for Health: Medical Narratives and the Nineteenth-Century Novel (Series in Victorian Studies)
- 2019-08-25Shaping Natural History and Settler Society Mary Elizabeth Barber and the Nineteenth-Century Cape
- 2018-09-28The Victorian Novel, Service Work, and the Nineteenth-Century Economy
- 2018-07-21The Victorian Novel, Service Work, and the Nineteenth-Century Economy
- 2018-06-06Soldiers As Workers Class, Employment, Conflict and the Nineteenth-Century Military
- 2018-06-05The Victorian Novel, Service Work, and the Nineteenth-Century Economy
- 2018-01-17[PDF] The Madwoman in the Attic: The Woman Writer and the Nineteenth-Century Literary Imagination, Second Edition (Nota Bene)
- 2017-12-21[PDF] Transamerican Literary Relations and the Nineteenth-Century Public Sphere (Cambridge Studies in American Literature and Culture)
- 2017-12-17[PDF] Singing for Freedom: The Hutchinson Family Singers and the Nineteenth-Century Culture of Reform
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.