Posted on 2020-11-27, by nokia241186.
December 20, 2018 | English | ASIN: B07LGFRTST | MP3 64 kbps | B07LGFRTST | 105 MB
Corporations have a huge influence on the life of every citizen - this book offers a visionary but practical plan to give every citizen a say in how corporations are run while also gaining some supplemental income. It lays out a clear approach that uses the mechanisms of the private market to hold corporations accountable to the public.
This would happen through the creation of what the authors call the Universal Fund, a kind of national, democratic, mega mutual fund. Every American over 18 would be entitled to a share and would participate in directing its share voting choices. Corporations and wealthy individuals would donate stocks, bonds, cash, or other assets to the fund just like they do to other philanthropic ventures now. The fund would pay out dividends to its citizen-shareholders that would grow as the fund grows.
The Universal Fund is undoubtedly a big idea, but it is also eminently practical: it uses the tools of capitalism, not government, to give all citizens a direct influence on corporate actions. It would be a major institutional investor beholden not to a small elite group of stockholders pushing for short-term gain but to everyone. The fund would reward corporations that made sure their actions didn't harm people, communities, and the environment, and it would enable them to invest in innovations that would take more than a few months to pay off. Which is another reason corporations would donate to the fund - they could be freed from the constant pressure to maximize their quarterly share price and would essentially be subsidized for doing good.
The authors demonstrate that our current economic rules force corporations to be shortsighted and even destructive because for most large investors, nothing matters but share price. The Universal Fund is designed to be a powerful positive balancing force, making the world a better place and the United States a better nation.
(Buy premium account for maximum speed and resuming ability)
- Ebooks list page : 45450
- 2021-01-11We Can't Talk About That at Work!: How to Talk About Race, Religion, Politics, and Other Polarizing Topics (Audiobook)
- 2020-12-21The Ultimate Safe Money Guide How Everyone 50 & Over Can Protect, Save and Grow Their Money [Audiobo...
- 2020-11-19Accelerated Learning How You Can Retain Information and Study More Effectively [Audiobook]
- 2020-11-07Accelerated Learning: How You Can Retain Information and Study More Effectively (Audiobook)
- 2019-06-26Human Capitalism How Economic Growth Has Made Us Smarter--and More Unequal
- 2019-01-16From Commune to Capitalism How China's Peasants Lost Collective Farming and Gained Urban Poverty
- 2019-01-10From Commune to Capitalism How China's Peasants Lost Collective Farming and Gained Urban Poverty
- 2018-12-28From Commune to Capitalism How China's Peasants Lost Collective Farming and Gained Urban Poverty
- 2018-06-23Keep Marching How Every Woman Can Take Action and Change Our World [Audiobook]
- 2018-05-19Keep Marching: How Every Woman Can Take Action and Change Our World [Audiobook]
- 2018-01-28[PDF] Accelerating Performance: How Organizations Can Mobilize, Execute, and Transform with Agility[Audiobook]
- 2017-12-14[PDF] Human Capitalism: How Economic Growth Has Made Us Smarter and More Unequal
- 2017-11-03[PDF] The Resurgence of the West: How a Transatlantic Union Can Prevent War and Restore the United States and Europe
- 2017-07-14The Haywire Heart How Too Much Exercise Can Kill You, And What You Can Do To Protect Your Heart
- 2017-06-13The Haywire Heart How Too Much Exercise Can Kill You, And What You Can Do To Protect Your Heart
- 2017-01-14[PDF] The Resurgence of the West: How a Transatlantic Union Can Prevent War and Restore the United States and Europe
- 2014-06-17Mothers on the Fast Track: How a New Generation Can Balance Family and Careers
- 2014-06-15Mothers on the Fast Track: How a New Generation Can Balance Family and Careers
- 2014-06-02Mothers on the Fast Track: How a New Generation Can Balance Family and Careers (repost)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.