Posted on 2020-09-14, by nokia241186.
English | ASIN: B082WKF4RQ | 2020 | kbps | ~07:40:00 | 217 MB
E.J. Dionne Jr. (Author, Narrator), Adam Barr (Narrator), "Code Red: How Progressives and Moderates Can Unite to Save Our Country"
This program includes an introduction read by the author.
New York Times best-selling author and Washington Post columnist E. J. Dionne, Jr., sounds the alarm in Code Red, calling for an alliance between progressives and moderates to seize the moment and restore hope to America's future for the 2020 presidential election.
Will progressives and moderates feud while America burns? Or will these natural allies take advantage of the greatest opportunity since the New Deal Era to strengthen American democracy, foster social justice, and turn back the threats of the Trump Era?
The United States stands at a crossroads. Broad and principled opposition to Donald Trump's presidency has drawn millions of previously disengaged citizens to the public square and to the ballot boxes. This inspired and growing activism for social and political change hasn't been seen since the days of Franklin Roosevelt's New Deal policies and the Progressive and Civil Rights movements. But if progressives and moderates are unable - and unwilling - to overcome their differences, they could not only enable Trump to prevail again but also squander an occasion for launching a new era of reform.
In Code Red, award-winning journalist E. J. Dionne, Jr., calls for a shared commitment to decency and a politics focused on freedom, fairness, and the future, encouraging progressives and moderates to explore common ground and expand the unity that brought about Democrat victories in the 2018 elections. He offers a unifying model for furthering progress with a Politics of Remedy, Dignity, and More: one that solves problems, resolve disputes, and moves forward; that sits at the heart of the demands for justice by both long-marginalized and recently-displaced groups; and that posits a positive future for Americans with more covered by health insurance, more with decent wages, more with good schools, more security from gun violence, more action to roll back climate change.
Breaking through the partisan noise and cutting against conventional wisdom to provide a realistic look at political possibilities, Dionne offers a strategy for progressives and moderates to think more clearly and accept the responsibilities that history now imposes on them. Because at this point in our national story, change can't wait.
A Macmillan Audio production from St. Martin's Press
"An exquisitely timed book.'Code Red' is a worthwhile exploration of the shared goals (and shared enemies) that unite moderates and progressives. But more than that, it is a sharp reminder that the common ground on which Dionne built his career has been badly eroded, with little prospect that it will soon be restored." (New York Times Book Review)
"Highly engaging, intellectually sound, and morally grounded" (Washington Monthly)
"The Washington Post columnist and NPR commentator offers a passionately reasoned argument for why both progressive and moderate wings of the Democratic Party must put aside differences to defeat Donald Trump in 2020.. A well-argued and persuasive treatise by a deeply concerned journalist and citizen." (Kirkus Reviews)
(Buy premium account for maximum speed and resuming ability)
- Ebooks list page : 44569
- 2021-06-09The Gut Immune Connection: How Understanding the Connection Between Food and Immunity Can Help Us Regain Our Health [Audiobook]
- 2018-11-06Owning Bipolar How Patients and Families Can Take Control of Bipolar Disorder [Audiobook]
- 2021-05-20The Gut-Immune Connection: How Understanding the Connection Between Food and Immunity Can Help Us Regain Our Health
- 2021-01-09Lighting Their Fires: How Parents and Teachers Can Raise Extraordinary Kids in a Mixed up, Muddled up, Shook up World
- 2021-01-08Lighting Their Fires How Parents and Teachers Can Raise Extraordinary Kids in a Mixed-up, Muddled-up...
- 2020-09-13Make Peace with Your Mind: How Mindfulness and Compassion Can Free You from Your Inner Critic [Audiobook]
- 2020-09-13The Politics Industry: How Political Innovation Can Break Partisan Gridlock and Save Our Democracy [Audiobook]
- 2020-07-28The End of Pain: How Nutrition and Diet Can Fight Chronic Inflammatory Disease
- 2020-06-29Growing Young: How Friendship, Optimism, and Kindness Can Help You Live to 100 [Audiobook]
- 2020-01-13The Gamer's Brain: How Neuroscience and UX Can Impact Video Game Design
- 2020-01-11Schools on Trial: How Freedom and Creativity Can Fix Our Educational Malpractice
- 2019-12-16Kombucha and Kimchi: How Probiotics and Prebiotics Can Improve Brain Function - Removed
- 2019-03-18Transforming Teaching in Math and Science How Schools and Districts Can Support Change
- 2019-03-06Transforming Teaching in Math and Science How Schools and Districts Can Support Change
- 2019-01-31Green Petroleum How Oil and Gas Can Be Environmentally Sustainable
- 2019-01-23Green Petroleum How Oil and Gas Can Be Environmentally Sustainable
- 2018-06-26Political Risk How Businesses and Organizations Can Anticipate Global Insecurity
- 2018-05-13The Passionate Learner How Teachers and Parents Can Help Children Reclaim the Joy of Discovery
- 2018-05-11Political Risk: How Businesses and Organizations Can Anticipate Global Insecurity [Audiobook]
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.