Posted on 2021-08-15, by book24h.
Cornelia Klocker, "Collective Punishment and Human Rights Law: Addressing Gaps in International Law "
English | ISBN: 0367332701 | 2020 | 206 pages | PDF | 1104 KB
This book analyses collective punishment in the context of human rights law. Collective punishment is a concept deriving from the law of armed conflict. It describes the punishment of a group for an act allegedly committed by one of its members and is prohibited in times of armed conflict. Although the imposition of collective punishment has been witnessed in situations outside armed conflict as well, human rights instruments do not explicitly address collective punishment. Consequently, there is a genuine gap in the protection of affected groups in situations outside of or short of armed conflict. Supported by two case studies on collective punishment in the Occupied Palestinian Territories and in Chechnya, the book examines potential options to close this gap in human rights law in a way contributing to the empowerment of affected groups. This analysis centres on the European Convention on Human Rights due to its relevance to the situation in Chechnya. By questioning whether human rights instruments can encompass a prohibition of collective punishment, the book contributes to the broader academic debate on rights held by collectivities in general and on collective human rights in particular.
The book will be of interest to students, academics and policy makers in the areas of International Human Rights Law, International Humanitarian Law and International Criminal Law.
Visit My Profile News Here : https://www.ebookee.com/user/book24h
- Ebooks list page : 48998
- 2021-08-18Collective Punishment and Human Rights Law - Addressing Gaps in International Law
- 2019-12-17Criminal Punishment and Human Rights: Convenient Morality (Routledge Research in Human Rights Law) - Removed
- 2021-08-23Stereotypes and Human Rights Law
- 2020-02-08Climate Change, Migration and Human Rights: Law and Policy Perspectives (Routledge Studies in Environmental Migration, Displacement and Resettlement)
- 2018-01-16[PDF] Autonomy and Human Rights in Health Care: An International Perspective (International Library of Ethics, Law, and the New Medicine) - Removed
- 2017-12-16[PDF] Law, Infrastructure and Human Rights (Law in Context)
- 2017-11-22[PDF] Literature and Human Rights (Law & Literature)
- 2017-11-03[PDF] Mediating Human Rights: Media, Culture and Human Rights Law (Glasshouse Books)
- 2017-10-17[PDF] International Criminal Tribunals and Human Rights Law: Adherence and Contextualization (International Criminal Justice Series)
- 2017-02-16[PDF] Mediating Human Rights: Media, Culture and Human Rights Law (Glasshouse Books)
- 2016-07-02International Criminal Tribunals and Human Rights Law
- 2011-11-17Autonomy and Human Rights in Health Care: An International Perspective (International Library of Ethics, Law, and the New Medicine)
- 2011-08-02The Legalization of Human Rights: Multidisciplinary Perspectives on Human Rights and Human Rights Law
- 2011-07-10The Legalization of Human Rights: Multidisciplinary Perspectives on Human Rights and Human Rights Law
- 2010-01-27Law, Infrastructure and Human Rights (Law in Context) By Michael B. Likosky
- 2009-01-04Law, Infrastructure and Human Rights (Law in Context) By Michael B. Likosky
- 2011-11-15Children and Transitional Justice: Truth-Telling, Accountability and Reconciliation (Human Rights Program Series)
- 2011-08-04Children and Transitional Justice: Truth-Telling, Accountability and Reconciliation (Human Rights Program Series)
- 2021-08-19Human Rights Law and Evidence-Based Policy - The Impact of the EU Fundamental Rights Agency
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.