Colonial Chaos in the Southern Red Sea A History of Violence from 1830 to the Twentieth Century
Posted on 2022-03-10, by book24h.
Nicholas W. Stephenson Smith, "Colonial Chaos in the Southern Red Sea: A History of Violence from 1830 to the Twentieth Century"
English | ISBN: 1108845665 | 2021 | 256 pages | PDF | 4 MB
Today, the countries bordering the Red Sea are riven with instability. Why are the region's contemporary problems so persistent and interlinked? Through the stories of three compelling characters, Colonial Chaos sheds light on the unfurling of anarchy and violence during the colonial era. A noble Somali sultan, a cunning Yemeni militia leader, and a Machiavellian French merchant ran amok in the southern Red Sea in the nineteenth and twentieth century. In response to colonial hostility and gunboat diplomacy, they attacked shipwrecks, launched piratical attacks, and traded arms, slaves, and drugs. Their actions contributed to the transformation of the region's international relations, redrew the political map, upended its diplomatic culture, and remodelled its traditions of maritime law, sowing the seeds of future unrest. Colonisation created chaos in the southern Red Sea. Colonial Chaos offers an interdisciplinary approach to understanding the relationship between the region's colonial past and its contemporary instability.
Visit My Profile News Here : https://www.ebookee.com/user/book24h
Sponsored High Speed Downloads
8900 dl's @ 2308 KB/sDownload Now [Full Version]
8115 dl's @ 2609 KB/sDownload Link 1 - Fast Download
9488 dl's @ 3810 KB/sDownload Mirror - Direct Download
Search More...Colonial Chaos in the Southern Red Sea A History of Violence from 1830 to the Twentieth Century
Download this book
No active download links here?Please check the description for download links if any or do a search to find alternative books.
- Ebooks list page : 51624
- 2022-08-24American Orient Imagining the East from the Colonial Era through the Twentieth Century
- 2022-12-09Verso Books Red List MI5 and British Intellectuals in the Twentieth Century
- 2021-06-24Realism in the Twentieth Century Indian Novel: Colonial Difference and Literary Form
- 2020-05-01Red Love Across the Pacific: Political and Sexual Revolutions of the Twentieth Century
- 2020-04-29Southern Religion and Christian Diversity in the Twentieth Century (Religion & American Culture)
- 2019-11-25Debates on Colonial Genocide in the 21st Century
- 2017-11-03[PDF] Red Love Across the Pacific: Political and Sexual Revolutions of the Twentieth Century - Removed
- 2017-10-31[PDF] Southern Religion and Christian Diversity in the Twentieth Century (Religion & American Culture)
- 2012-02-11Building a Housewife’s Paradise: Gender, Politics, and American Grocery Stores in the Twentieth Century - Tracey Deutsch - Removed
- 2011-12-29After the Dream: Black and White Southerners since 1965 (Civil Rights and the Struggle for Black Equality in the Twentieth Century)
- 2011-11-07Managing Construction and Infrastructure in the 21st Century Bureau of Reclamation
- 2011-09-12Energy and Transportation: Challenges for the Chemical Sciences in the 21st Century
- 2011-09-06Information and Communications: Challenges for the Chemical Sciences in the 21st Century
- 2011-08-22Building a Housewife's Paradise: Gender, Politics, and American Grocery Stores in the Twentieth Century - Removed
- 2011-07-03A New Biology for the 21st Century
- 2010-09-29Mechanical Sound: Technology, Culture, and Public Problems of Noise in the Twentieth Century
- 2009-02-05Red Barcelona: Social Protest and Labour Mobilisation in the Twentieth Century
- 2023-03-08Consumption and Advertising in Eastern Europe and Russia in the Twentieth Century - Removed
- 2023-03-04The Rise and Fall of the National Atlas in the Twentieth Century Power, State and Territory
No comments for "Colonial Chaos in the Southern Red Sea A History of Violence from 1830 to the Twentieth Century".
Add Your Comments
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.