Posted on 2011-12-24. By anonymous.
Pergamon; 1 edition | English | 2001-05-22 | ISBN: 0080428398 | 417 pages | PDF | 25.4 mb
This book presents the ideas and industrial concepts in compact heat exchanger technology that have been developed in the last 10 years or so. Historically, the development and application of compact heat exchangers and their surfaces has taken place in a piecemeal fashion in a number of rather unrelated areas, principally those of the automotive and prime mover, aerospace, cryogenic and refrigeration sectors. Much detailed technology, familiar in one sector, progressed only slowly over the boundary into another sector. This compartmentalisation was a feature both of the user industries themselves, and also of the supplier, or manufacturing industries. These barriers are now breaking down, with valuable cross-fertilisation taking place.
One of the industrial sectors that is waking up to the challenges of compact heat exchangers is that broadly defined as the process sector. If there is a bias in the book, it is towards this sector. Here, in many cases, the technical challenges are severe, since high pressures and temperatures are often involved, and working fluids can be corrosive, reactive or toxic. The opportunities, however, are correspondingly high, since compacts can offer a combination of lower capital or installed cost, lower temperature differences (and hence running costs), and lower inventory. In some cases they give the opportunity for a radical re-think of the process design, by the introduction of process intensification (PI) concepts such as combining process elements in one unit. An example of this is reaction and heat exchange, which offers, among other advantages, significantly lower by-product production.
To stimulate future research, the author includes coverage of hitherto neglected approaches, such as that of the Second Law (of Thermodynamics), pioneered by Bejan and co- workers. The justification for this is that there is increasing interest in life-cycle and sustainable approaches to industrial activity as a whole, often involving exergy (Second Law) analysis. Heat exchangers, being fundamental components of energy and process systems, are both savers and spenders of exergy, according to interpretation
- Ebooks list page : 16396
- 2010-10-20Compact Heat Exchangers: Selection, Design and Operation (repost)
- 2017-10-21[PDF] Compact Heat Exchangers: Selection, Design and Operation
- 2016-12-30[PDF] Compact Heat Exchangers: Selection, Design and Operation
- 2007-09-15Compact Heat Exchangers: Selection, Design and Operation - Removed
- 2019-12-23Compact Heat Exchangers: Analysis, Design and Optimization using FEM and CFD Approach (Wiley-ASME Press Series)
- 2018-09-14Compact Heat Exchangers Analysis, Design and Optimization Using FEM and CFD Approach
- 2018-07-31Compact Heat Exchangers: Analysis, Design and Optimization Using FEM and CFD Approach
- 2018-07-29Compact Heat Exchangers Analysis, Design and Optimization Using FEM and CFD Approach
- 2018-06-25Compact Heat Exchangers Analysis, Design and Optimization Using FEM and CFD Approach
- 2018-06-17Compact Heat Exchangers: Analysis, Design and Optimization Using FEM and CFD Approach
- 2018-01-27[PDF] Compact Heat Exchangers: Selection, Application, Design and Evaluation - Removed
- 2017-09-21Compact Heat Exchangers Selection, Application, Design and Evaluation
- 2017-11-19[PDF] Heat Exchangers: Selection, Rating, and Thermal Design, Third Edition
- 2009-09-11Heat Exchangers: Selection, Rating, and Thermal Design, Second Edition
- 2013-11-08Automotive Transmissions: Fundamentals, Selection, Design and Application (repost)
- 2013-08-24W. Busse, Computing in Accelerator Design and Operation(Repost)
- 2013-08-07Jet Engines: Fundamentals of Theory, Design and Operation (repost)
- 2013-05-14Software Radio: Sampling Rate Selection, Design and Synchronization [Repost]
- 2013-04-23The Chemical Laboratory: It's Design and Operation (repost)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.