Posted on 2019-01-24, by nokia241186.
Katerina Martina Teaiwa, "Consuming Ocean Island: Stories of People and Phosphate from Banaba"
English | ISBN: 0253014522, 0253014441 | 2019 | 272 pages | PDF | 8 MB
Consuming Ocean Island tells the story of the land and people of Banaba, a small Pacific island, which, from 1900 to 1980, was heavily mined for phosphate, an essential ingredient in fertilizer. As mining stripped away the island's surface, the land was rendered uninhabitable, and the indigenous Banabans were relocated to Rabi Island in Fiji. Katerina Martina Teaiwa tells the story of this human and ecological calamity by weaving together memories, records, and images from displaced islanders, colonial administrators, and employees of the mining company. Her compelling narrative reminds us of what is at stake whenever the interests of industrial agriculture and indigenous minorities come into conflict. The Banaban experience offers insight into the plight of other island peoples facing forced migration as a result of human impact on the environment.
(Buy premium account for maximum speed and resuming ability)
- Ebooks list page : 38806
- 2020-04-24Consuming Ocean Island: Stories of People and Phosphate from Banaba (Tracking Globalization)
- 2019-01-11Consuming Ocean Island Stories of People and Phosphate from Banaba
- 2020-07-14The Quick and the Dead True stories of life and death from a New Zealand pathologist
- 2020-04-22I Found Myself in Palestine: Stories of Love and Renewal from around the Globe
- 2020-04-11The Last Book on the Left: Stories of Murder and Mayhem from History’s Most Notorious Serial Killers
- 2020-03-31The Last Book on the Left: Stories of Murder and Mayhem from History’s Most Notorious Serial Killers
- 2018-12-04Geek and Hacker Stories Code, Culture and Storytelling from the Technosphere
- 2018-11-23Making Multilevel Public Management Work Stories of Success and Failure from Europe and North Americ...
- 2018-11-10Spirit Messages Inspiring Stories about Mediumship and Experiences from the Other Side
- 2018-10-09Changing the Rules the Engagement Inspiring Stories of Courage and Leadership from Women in the Military
- 2018-08-15Autism Mothers Speak Out Stories of Advocacy and Activism from Around the World
- 2018-06-26Make Me Your Choice Compelling Personal Stories of Struggle and Healing from Those Who Have Had or Dealt with Abortion
- 2018-01-31[PDF] Japanese Tales from Times Past: Stories of Fantasy and Folklore from the Konjaku Monogatari Shu
- 2018-01-25[PDF] Fly: True Stories of Adventure and Courage from the Airmen of World War 2
- 2018-01-02[PDF] What the Animals Taught Me: Stories of Love and Healing from a Farm Animal Sanctuary
- 2017-11-26[PDF] Stories of Faith and Courage from World War II (Battlefields & Blessings)
- 2017-11-09[PDF] A Decade of Hope: Stories of Grief and Endurance from 9/11 Families and Friends
- 2017-10-30[PDF] The Mill Girls: Moving True Stories of Love and Loss from Inside Lancashire's Cotton Mills
- 2017-01-03[PDF] The Mill Girls: Moving True Stories of Love and Loss from Inside Lancashire's Cotton Mills
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.