Posted on 2012-04-27. By anonymous.
English | ISBN: 0691148023, 0691129991 | 2010 | 344 pages | PDF | 1,7 MB
Sarbanes-Oxley Act, which set tougher rules for boards, management, and public accounting firms to protect the interests of shareholders. Such reliance is badly misplaced. In Corporate Governance, Jonathan Macey argues that less government regulation--not more--is what's needed to ensure that managers of public companies keep their promises to investors.
Macey tells how heightened government oversight has put a stranglehold on what is the best protection against malfeasance by self-serving management: the market itself. Corporate governance, he shows, is about keeping promises to shareholders; failure to do so results in diminished investor confidence, which leads to capital flight and other dire economic consequences. Macey explains the relationship between corporate governance and the various market and nonmarket institutions and mechanisms used to control public corporations; he discusses how nonmarket corporate governance devices such as boards and whistle-blowers are highly susceptible to being co-opted by management and are generally guided more by self-interest and personal greed than by investor interests. In contrast, market-driven mechanisms such as trading and takeovers represent more reliable solutions to the problem of corporate governance. Inefficient regulations are increasingly hampering these important and truly effective corporate controls. Macey examines a variety of possible means of corporate governance, including shareholder voting, hedge funds, and private equity funds.
Corporate Governance reveals why the market is the best guardian of shareholder interests.
- Ebooks list page : 18390
- 2011-09-20Corporate Governance of State-Owned Enterprises: Change and Reform in OECD Countries since 2005
- 2017-12-06[PDF] Broken Promises (Broken Series) (Volume 1)
- 2013-05-30Broken Promises, Broken Dreams: The Stories of Jewish and Palestinian Trauma and Resilience
- 2013-02-04David Mack - The 4400: Promises Broken [EPUB MOBI]
- 2011-10-31Promises Broken
- 2011-09-23Promises Broken by David Mack
- 2020-05-25Mergers and Acquisitions: A Study of Financial Performance, Motives and Corporate Governance (India Studies in Business and Economics)
- 2020-05-24Corporate Governance A Pragmatic Guide for Auditors, Directors, Investors, and Acc...
- 2020-05-20Corporate Governance of Real Estate Investment Trusts (Essays in Real Estate Research)
- 2020-04-22Corporate Governance Matters: A Closer Look at Organizational Choices and Their Consequences (2nd Edition) Ed 2
- 2020-03-15Using Entrepreneurship and Social Innovation to Mitigate Wealth Inequality (The Alexandra Lajoux Corporate Governance)
- 2020-03-15Corporate Governance in Central Europe and Russia: Framework, Dynamics, and Case Studies from Practice (CSR, Sustainability, Ethics & Governance)
- 2020-02-26The Illusion of Transparency in Corporate Governance: Does Transparency Help or Hinder True Ethical Conduct?
- 2020-02-03Handbook of Research on Corporate Governance and Entrepreneurship (Research Handbooks in Business and Management series)
- 2020-01-24Corporate Governance in China: The Structure and Management of Foreign-Invested Enterprises Under Chinese Law (China Law, Tax & Accounting)
- 2020-01-23Corporate Governance Codes for the 21st Century: International Perspectives and Critical Analyses
- 2020-01-15CEO Leadership Navigating the New Era in Corporate Governance
- 2020-01-11Understanding the Company: Corporate Governance and Theory
- 2020-01-04CEO Leadership: Navigating the New Era in Corporate Governance
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.