Posted on 2019-01-03, by nokia241186.
Creole Trombone: Kid Ory and the Early Years of Jazz (American Made Music Series) by John McCusker
English | 2012-08-24 | ISBN-10: 1617036269 | 176 Pages
Edward "Kid" Ory (1886-1973) was a trombonist, composer, recording artist, and early New Orleans jazz band leader. Creole Trombone tells his story from birth on a rural sugar cane plantation in a French-speaking, ethnically mixed family, to his emergence in New Orleans as the city's hottest band leader. The Ory band featured such future jazz stars as Louis Armstrong and King Oliver, and was widely considered New Orleans's top "hot" band. Ory's career took him from New Orleans to California, where he and his band created the first African American New Orleans jazz recordings ever made. In 1925 he moved to Chicago where he made records with Oliver, Armstrong, and Jelly Roll Morton and captured the spirit of the jazz age. His most famous composition from that period, "Muskrat Ramble," is a jazz standard. Retired from music during the Depression, he returned in the 1940s and enjoyed a reignited career. Drawing on oral history and Ory's unpublished autobiography, Creole Trombone is a story that is told in large measure by Ory himself. The author reveals Ory's personality to the reader and shares remarkable stories of incredible innovations of the jazz pioneer. The book also features unpublished Ory compositions, photographs, and a selected discography of his most significant recordings.
(Buy premium account for maximum speed and resuming ability)
- Ebooks list page : 38407
- 2017-12-18[PDF] Creole Trombone: Kid Ory and the Early Years of Jazz (American Made Music)
- 2011-12-28Advice and Support: The Early Years, 1941-1960
- 2011-09-05Advice and Support: The Early Years, 1941-1960
- 2011-01-29Trumpet around the Corner: The Story of New Orleans Jazz (American Made Music Series)
- 2019-01-03Kitty Hawk and Beyond The Wright Brothers and the Early Years of Aviation A Photographic History
- 2018-01-08[PDF] Labyrinths: Emma Jung, Her Marriage to Carl, and the Early Years of Psychoanalysis
- 2016-12-28[PDF] Labyrinths: Emma Jung, Her Marriage to Carl, and the Early Years of Psychoanalysis
- 2010-04-07Kitty Hawk and Beyond: The Wright Brothers and the Early Years of Aviation: A Photographic History
- 2009-03-31Norman L. Macht - Connie Mack and the Early Years of Baseball
- 2019-12-17Johnny Cash at Folsom Prison: The Making of a Masterpiece, Revised and Updated (American Made Music Series)
- 2018-01-07[PDF] He Stopped Loving Her Today: George Jones, Billy Sherrill, and the Pretty-Much Totally True Story of the Making of the Greatest Country Record of All Time (American Made Music Series)
- 2017-12-11[PDF] The Melody Man: Joe Davis and the New York Music Scene, 1916-1978 (American Made Music Series)
- 2017-12-11[PDF] Scotty and Elvis: Aboard the Mystery Train (American Made Music Series)
- 2017-12-11[PDF] Writing the Record: The Village Voice and the Birth of Rock Criticism (American Popular Music)
- 2017-11-04[PDF] Creating Jazz Counterpoint: New Orleans, Barbershop Harmony, and the Blues (American Made Music Series)
- 2009-06-16Blues Boy: The Life and Music of B.B. King (American Made Music Series)
- 2018-10-08Soul of the Man Bobby Blue Bland (American Made Music)
- 2018-06-04A Trumpet Around the Corner The Story of New Orleans Jazz American Made Music [Audiobook]
- 2018-02-01[PDF] Soul of the Man: Bobby 'Blue' Bland (American Made Music)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.