Posted on 2018-12-19, by voska89.
Sarah Benesch, "Critical English for Academic Purposes: Theory, Politics, and Practice"
English | 2001 | ISBN: 0805834346 | PDF | pages: 176 | 1.4 mb
Critical English for Academic Purposes: Theory, Politics, and Practice is the first book to combine the theory and practice of two fields: English for academic purposes and critical pedagogy. English for academic purposes (EAP) grounds English language teaching in the cognitive and linguistic demands of academic situations, tailoring instruction to specific rather than general purposes. Critical pedagogy acknowledges students' and teachers' subject-positions, that is, their class, race, gender, and ethnicity, and encourages them to question the status quo. Critical English for academic purposes engages students in the types of activities they are asked to carry out in academic classes while inviting them to question and, in some cases, transform those activities, as well as the conditions from which they arose. It takes into account the real challenges non-native speakers of English face in their discipline-specific classes while viewing students as active participants who can help shape academic goals and assignments.
Critical English for Academic Purposes: Theory, Politics, and Practice:
* relates English for academic purposes and critical pedagogy, revealing and problematizing the assumptions of both fields,
* provides theoretical and practical responses to academic syllabi and other institutional demands to show that teachers can both meet target demands and take students' subjectivities into account in a climate of negotiation and possibility,
* offers "rights analysis" as a critical counterpart to needs analysis,
* discusses the politics of "coverage" in lecture classes and proposes alternatives, and
* features teaching examples that address balancing the curriculum for gender; building community in an EAP class of students from diverse economic and social backgrounds; students' rights; and organizing students to change unfavorable conditions.
This book is intended for undergraduate and graduate courses for preservice and in-service ESL and EAP teachers. It is also a professional book for those interested in critical approaches to teaching and EAP.
Buy Premium From My Links To Get Resumable Support,Max Speed & Support Me
Download ( NitroFlare )
Download ( Rapidgator )
- Ebooks list page : 38189
- 2017-11-18[PDF] Critical English for Academic Purposes: Theory, Politics, and Practice
- 2014-05-03Critical English for Academic Purposes: Theory, Politics, and Practice
- 2017-12-15[PDF] English for Academic Purposes in Neoliberal Universities: A Critical Grounded Theory (Educational Linguistics) - Removed
- 2018-01-26[PDF] English for Academic Purposes: Approaches and Implications
- 2018-11-06University English for Academic Purposes in China A Phenomenological Interview Study
- 2018-11-06English for Academic Research Grammar, Usage and Style
- 2018-08-23University English for Academic Purposes in China A Phenomenological Interview Study
- 2018-06-23Teaching English for Academic Purposes (EAP) in Japan Studies from an English-medium University
- 2018-04-25Teaching English for Academic Purposes (EAP) in Japan Studies from an English-medium University - Removed
- 2018-04-22Teaching English for Academic Purposes (EAP) in Japan Studies from an English-medium University - Removed
- 2018-04-19Vocabulary and English for Specific Purposes Research Quantitative and Qualitative Perspectives
- 2018-01-06Study Writing: A Course in Writing English for Academic Purposes
- 2017-12-30[PDF] English for Academic Purposes: An Advanced Resource Book
- 2017-12-16[PDF] English for Academic Purposes (Eap) in Asia: Negotiating Appropriate Practices in a Global Context
- 2017-11-15[PDF] The Routledge Handbook of English for Academic Purposes (Routledge Handbooks in Applied Linguistics)
- 2017-02-14[PDF] English for Academic Purposes: An Advanced Resource Book
- 2014-05-14English for Academic Purposes: An Advanced Resource Book
- 2014-04-27English for Academic Purposes: An Advanced Resource Book (repost)
- 2014-03-15Oxford EAP Advanced C1 - A course in English for Academic Purposes
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.