Posted on 2020-06-27, by 0nelovee.
Ian Pace, Nigel McBride | 2019 | ISBN: 1138491977 | English | 402 pages | PDF | 8 MB
The composer and pianist Michael Finnissy (b. 1946) is an unmistakeable presence in the British and international new music scene, both for his immeasurable generosity as prolific composer for many different types of musicians, major advocate for the works of others, and performer and conductor who has also been a driving force behind ensembles; he was also President of the International Society for Contemporary Music from 1990 to 1996. His vast and enormously varied output confounds those who seek easy categorisations: once associated strongly with the 'new complexity', Finnissy is equally known as composer regularly engaged with many different folk musics, for working with amateur and community musicians, for a long-term engagement with sacred music, or as an advocate of Anglo-American 'experimental' music. Twenty years ago, a large-scale volume entitled Uncommon Ground: The Music of Michael Finnissy gave the first major overview of the output of any 'complex' composer. This new volume brings a greater plurality of perspectives and critical sensibility to bear upon an output which is almost twice as large as it was when the earlier book was published. A range of leading contributors - musicologists, composers, performers and others - each grapple with particular questions relating to Finnissy's music, often in ways which raise questions relating more widely to new music, and provide theoretical foundations for further of study both of Finnissy and other composers.
- Ebooks list page : 43988
- 2010-08-22Michael Pugh, Neil Cooper, Mandy Turner - Whose Peace? Critical Perspectives on the Political Economy of Peacebuilding
- 2021-07-09MIT Press Critical Perspectives On Open Development 2021 RETAiL ePub eBook-LiBRiCiDE
- 2021-04-25Indian Film Stars: New Critical Perspectives
- 2021-04-23Critical Perspectives on Emerging Economies: An International Assessment - Removed
- 2021-04-16Critical Perspectives on Emerging Economies: An International Assessment - Removed
- 2021-03-12Critical Perspectives on Open Development: Empirical Interrogation of Theory Construction
- 2021-03-09An East Asian Challenge to Western Neoliberalism: Critical Perspectives on the 'China Model'
- 2021-02-12An East Asian Challenge to Western Neoliberalism: Critical Perspectives on the 'China Model'
- 2020-12-27Radicalization in Belgium and the Netherlands Critical Perspectives on Violence and Security
- 2020-12-08Understanding Education and Economics Key Debates and Critical Perspectives
- 2020-08-23Decolonisation and the Pacific: Indigenous Globalisation and the Ends of Empire (Critical Perspectives on Empire)
- 2020-08-22From Health Behaviours to Health Practices: Critical Perspectives (Sociology of Health and Illness Monographs)
- 2020-07-25David Bowie: Critical Perspectives (Routledge Studies in Popular Music)
- 2020-07-24Flight Ways: Life and Loss at the Edge of Extinction (Critical Perspectives on Animals: Theory, Culture, Science, and Law)
- 2020-07-22Post-critical Perspectives on Higher Education: Reclaiming the Educational in the University (Debating Higher Education:
- 2020-06-26David Bowie Critical Perspectives
- 2020-06-17David Bowie Critical Perspectives
- 2020-06-17Imperial Russia's Muslims: Islam, Empire and European Modernity, 1788-1914 (Critical Perspectives on Empire)
- 2020-05-27Advocacy in Conflict: Critical Perspectives on Transnational Activism
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.