Posted on 2020-06-27, by 0nelovee.
Ian Pace, Nigel McBride | 2019 | ISBN: 1138491977 | English | 402 pages | PDF | 8 MB
The composer and pianist Michael Finnissy (b. 1946) is an unmistakeable presence in the British and international new music scene, both for his immeasurable generosity as prolific composer for many different types of musicians, major advocate for the works of others, and performer and conductor who has also been a driving force behind ensembles; he was also President of the International Society for Contemporary Music from 1990 to 1996. His vast and enormously varied output confounds those who seek easy categorisations: once associated strongly with the 'new complexity', Finnissy is equally known as composer regularly engaged with many different folk musics, for working with amateur and community musicians, for a long-term engagement with sacred music, or as an advocate of Anglo-American 'experimental' music. Twenty years ago, a large-scale volume entitled Uncommon Ground: The Music of Michael Finnissy gave the first major overview of the output of any 'complex' composer. This new volume brings a greater plurality of perspectives and critical sensibility to bear upon an output which is almost twice as large as it was when the earlier book was published. A range of leading contributors - musicologists, composers, performers and others - each grapple with particular questions relating to Finnissy's music, often in ways which raise questions relating more widely to new music, and provide theoretical foundations for further of study both of Finnissy and other composers.
- Ebooks list page : 43988
- 2010-08-22Michael Pugh, Neil Cooper, Mandy Turner - Whose Peace? Critical Perspectives on the Political Economy of Peacebuilding
- 2020-06-26David Bowie Critical Perspectives
- 2020-06-17David Bowie Critical Perspectives
- 2020-06-17Imperial Russia's Muslims: Islam, Empire and European Modernity, 1788-1914 (Critical Perspectives on Empire)
- 2020-05-27Advocacy in Conflict: Critical Perspectives on Transnational Activism
- 2020-05-27Complexity and Crisis in the Financial System: Critical Perspectives on the Evolution of American and British Banking
- 2020-05-16Interspecies Ethics (Critical Perspectives on Animals: Theory, Culture, Science, and Law)
- 2020-05-02Critical Perspectives on Global Competition in Higher Education: New Directions for Higher Education, Number 168 (J-B HE Single Issue Higher Education)
- 2020-04-23Framing Work: Unitary, Pluralist and Critical Perspectives in the 21st Century
- 2020-04-15Eat This Book: A Carnivore's Manifesto (Critical Perspectives on Animals: Theory, Culture, Science, and Law)
- 2020-04-03Assisted Reproduction (Critical Perspectives on the Psychology of Sexuality, Gender, and Queer Studies)
- 2020-03-04Minorities and Populism – Critical Perspectives from South Asia and Europe (Philosophy and Politics - Critical Explorations)
- 2020-02-16Revisiting EFL Assessment: Critical Perspectives (Second Language Learning and Teaching)
- 2020-02-09Gentlemanly Terrorists: Political Violence and the Colonial State in India, 1919–1947 (Critical Perspectives on Empire)
- 2020-02-08Leadership Theory: Cultivating Critical Perspectives
- 2020-02-04Ageing, Organisations and Management: Constructive Discourses and Critical Perspectives
- 2020-01-04Discourse Markers and Beyond: Descriptive and Critical Perspectives on Discourse-Pragmatic Devices across Genres and Languages (Postdisciplinary Studies in Discourse)
- 2020-01-02Critical Perspectives on Linguistic Fixity and Fluidity: Languagised Lives (Routledge Critical Studies in Multilingualism)
- 2019-12-18Disability and Development in Burkina Faso: Critical Perspectives (Palgrave Studies in Disability and International Development)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.