Posted on 2020-09-13, by nokia241186.
Anna Wierzbicka | 2003 | ISBN: 3110177692 | English | 540 pages | PDF | 33 MB
Series: Mouton Textbook
This book, which can be seen as both a research monograph and a text book, challenges the approaches to human interaction based on supposedly universal "maxims of conversation" and "principles of politeness", which fly in the face of reality as experienced by millions of people - refugees, immigrants, crosscultural families, and so on. By contrast to such approaches, which can be of no use in crosscultural communication and education, this book is both theoretical and practical: it shows that in different societies, norms of human interaction are different and reflect different cultural attitudes and values; and it offers a framework within which different cultural norms and different ways of speaking can be effectively explored, explained, and taught. The book discusses data from a wide range of languages, including English, Italian, Russian, Polish, Yiddish, Hebrew, Japanese, Korean, and Walmatjari (an Australian Aboriginal language), and it shows that the meanings expressed in human interaction and the different "cultural scripts" prevailing in different speech communities can be described and compared in a way that is clear, simple, rigorous, and free of ethnocentric bias by using a "natural semantic metalanguage", based on empirically established universal human concepts. As the book shows, this metalanguage can be used as a basis for teaching successful cross-cultural communication and education, including the teaching of languages in a cultural context.
(Buy premium account for maximum speed and resuming ability)
- Ebooks list page : 44552
- 2020-07-31The End of Theory; Financial Crises, the Failure of Economics, and the Sweep of Human Interaction
- 2020-04-03Human Interaction, Emerging Technologies and Future Applications II: Proceedings of the 2nd International Conference on Human Interaction and Emerging ... in Intelligent Systems and Computing (1152))
- 2020-03-18Focus, Evaluativity, and Antonymy: A Study in the Semantics of Only and its Interaction with Gradable Antonyms (Studies in Linguistics and Philosophy)
- 2020-02-25When Conversation Lapses: The Public Accountability of Silent Copresence (Foundations of Human Interaction)
- 2020-02-22The Normative Animal?: On the Anthropological Significance of Social, Moral, and Linguistic Norms (Foundations of Human Interaction)
- 2020-01-07Linguistic Fundamentals for Natural Language Processing II: 100 Essentials from Semantics and Pragmatics (Synthesis Lectures on Human Language Technologies)
- 2019-12-29Human Interface and the Management of Information. Interaction, Visualization, and Analytics (Lecture Notes in Computer Science)
- 2019-12-10Human Interaction and Emerging Technologies: Proceedings of the 1st International Conference on Human Interaction and Emerging Technologies (IHIET ... in Intelligent Systems and Computing)
- 2019-11-21Pragmatic Aspects of Scalar Modifiers: The Semantics-Pragmatics Interface (Oxford Studies in Theoretical Linguistics)
- 2019-08-09Human Interaction and Emerging Technologies: Proceedings of the 1st International Conference on Human Interaction and Em
- 2018-12-13How Animals Affect Us Examining the Influence of Human-Animal Interaction on Child Development and H...
- 2018-10-08The Mechanism of Human Facial Expression (Studies in Emotion and Social Interaction)
- 2018-07-21Pragmatic Aspects of Scalar Modifiers The Semantics-Pragmatics Interface
- 2018-05-23Pragmatic Aspects of Scalar Modifiers: The Semantics-Pragmatics Interface
- 2018-01-27[PDF] A Theory of Conventional Implicature & Pragmatic Markers in Chinese (Current Research in the Semantics/Pragmatics Interface)
- 2018-01-15[PDF] Making Semantics Pragmatic (Current Research in the Semantics/pragmatics Interface)
- 2018-01-07[PDF] Distributed User Interfaces: Designing Interfaces for the Distributed Ecosystem (Human-Computer Interaction Series)
- 2017-12-30[PDF] Multidimensional Semantics of Evaluative Adverbs (Current Research in the Semantics/Pragmatics Interface)
- 2017-12-26[PDF] Exploring the Interactional Instinct (Foundations of Human Interaction)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.