Posted on 2018-08-06, by perica123.
Crux: A Cross-Border Memoir [Audiobook] by Jean Guerrero
English | July 17th, 2018 | ASIN: B07DY3RB6D | MP3@64 kbps | 12 hrs 6 mins | 332.73 MB
Narrator: Jean Guerrero
A daughter's quest to understand her charismatic and troubled father, an immigrant who crosses borders both real and illusory - between sanity and madness, science and spirituality, life and death
Winner of the PEN/FUSION Emerging Writers Prize
Throughout Jean Guerrero's childhood, her father, Marco Antonio, was an erratic and elusive presence. A self-taught genius at fixing, creating, and conjuring things - and capable of transforming himself into a shaman, dreamcaster, or animal whisperer in his enchanted daughter's eyes - he gradually began to lose himself in his peculiar obsessions, careening wildly between reality and hallucination. In time, he fled his family and responsibilities - to Asia, Europe, and eventually back to Mexico. He succumbed to drug- and alcohol-fueled manias, while suffering the effects of what he said were CIA mind-control experiments. As soon as she was old enough, Jean set out after him. Now a journalist, she used the tools of her trade, hoping to find answers to the questions he left behind.
In this lyrical, haunting memoir, Jean Guerrero tries to locate the border between truth and fantasy as she searches for explanations for her father's behavior. Refusing to accept an alleged schizophrenia diagnosis at face value, she takes Marco Antonio's dark paranoia seriously and investigates all his wildest claims. She crisscrosses the Mexican-American border to unearth the stories of cousins and grandparents and discovers a chain of fabulists and mystics in her lineage, going back to her great-great-grandmother, a clairvoyant curandera who was paid to summon spirits from the afterlife. As she delves deeper and deeper into her family's shadowy past, Jean begins mirroring her father's self-destructive behavior. She risks death on her adventures, imperiling everything in her journey to redeem her father from the underworld of his delusions.
In the tradition of engrossing family memoirs like The Liar's Club and The Glass Castle, Crux is both a riveting adventure story and a profoundly original exploration of the human psyche, the mysteries of our most intimate relationships - and ourselves.
- Ebooks list page : 36876
- 2018-10-06Crux A Cross-Border Memoir [Audiobook]
- 2018-08-10Crux A Cross-Border Memoir [Audiobook]
- 2018-10-14Crux A Cross-Border Memoir
- 2019-07-01The Widower's Notebook A Memoir [Audiobook]
- 2019-02-23Balancing Power without Weapons State Intervention into Cross-Border Mergers and Acquisitions
- 2019-02-22Gamelife A Memoir [Audiobook]
- 2019-02-01My Life Among the Underdogs A Memoir [Audiobook]
- 2019-01-31Joy Enough A Memoir [Audiobook]
- 2019-01-31A Cross-Border-Only Regulation for Consumer Transactions in the EU A Fresh Approach to EU Consume - Removed
- 2019-01-30Balancing Power without Weapons State Intervention into Cross-Border Mergers and Acquisitions
- 2019-01-27Gamelife A Memoir [Audiobook]
- 2019-01-25A Rumor of War The Classic Vietnam Memoir [Audiobook]
- 2019-01-25It Makes Me Wonder A Memoir [Audiobook]
- 2019-01-25The Light of the World A Memoir [Audiobook]
- 2019-01-24Lips Unsealed A Memoir [Audiobook]
- 2019-01-15If All the Seas Were Ink A Memoir [Audiobook]
- 2019-01-15Not the Mother I Remember A Memoir [Audiobook]
- 2019-01-15Human Security and Cross-Border Cooperation in East Asia - Removed
- 2019-01-14A Cross-Border-Only Regulation for Consumer Transactions in the EU A Fresh Approach to EU Consume...
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.