Posted on 2018-10-12, by nokia241186.
Cultural Dementia by David Andress
2018 | ISBN: 1788540042 | English | 126 pages | EPUB | 1 MB
David Andress argues that we are suffering from an attack of social and cultural dementia.
The former great powers of the historic 'West' - especially Britain, the USA and France - seem to be abandoning the wisdom of maturity for senile daydreams of recovered youth. Along the way they are stirring up old hatreds, giving disturbing voice to destructive rage, and risking the collapse of their capacity for decisive, effective and just governance. At the core of this dangerous turn is an abandonment of political attention to history, understood as a clear empirical grounding in how we reached our present condition. Historical stories are deployed in public debate as little more than dangerous fantasies.
In this blistering assessment David Andress, one of Britain's leading historians of the age of revolutions, shows how the West has abandoned its history and has lost its bearings and its memory.
(Buy premium account for maximum speed and resuming ability)
- Ebooks list page : 37405
- 2012-05-18Dementia with Lewy Bodies: And Parkinson's Disease Dementia
- 2012-03-04|Joe Marconi, "Cultural Idiocy: Why America is Losing the War of Words"||
- 2011-12-09The Human Mosaic: A Cultural Approach to Human Geography, 11th Edition - Removed
- 2011-11-09Keyframes: Popular Cinema and Cultural Studies - Removed
- 2019-09-28Understanding Japan: A Cultural History [pdf]
- 2019-09-14Linkedin Learning Cultivating Cultural Competence And Inclusion
- 2019-08-26Swearing A Cross-Cultural Linguistic Study
- 2019-08-26Demonic Possession and Exorcism in Early Modern England; Contemporary Texts and their Cultural Contexts
- 2019-08-25The Unity Game Engine and the Circuits of Cultural Software
- 2019-08-25Skywatching in the Ancient World New Perspectives in Cultural Astronomy Studies in Honor of Antho...
- 2019-08-25Advertising A Cultural Economy
- 2019-08-24Contemporary Chinese Literature; From the Cultural Revolution to the Future
- 2019-08-24War and Cultural Heritage Biographies of Place
- 2019-08-24Rethinking Chinese Cultural Identity The Hualish as an Innovative Concept
- 2019-08-24Natasha's Dance A Cultural History of Russia
- 2019-08-23Cultural Transmission Psychological, Developmental, Social, and Methodological Aspects
- 2019-08-13Modern China and the West Translation and Cultural Mediation
- 2019-07-26@(Good) - Why You Should Read The Meaning of the Library: A Cultural History by Alice Crawford Online or Download [EPUB MOBI PDF]
- 2019-07-26@#(Excellent) - Why You Should Read The Triple Package: How Three Unlikely Traits Explain the Rise and Fall of Cultural Groups in America by Amy Chua Online or Download [$PDF $EPUB $MOBI]
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.