The poster (email) is not available. 收藏推荐:
Publisher: Anu E Press | ISBN: 1921313242 | 2007 edition | PDF | 268 Pages | 9.93 MB
R. H. Mathews (1841-1918) was an Australian-born surveyor and self-taught anthropologist. From 1893 until his death in 1918, he made it his mission to record all ‘new and interesting facts’ about Aboriginal Australia. Despite falling foul with some of the most powerful figures in British and Australian anthropology, Mathews published some 2200 pages of anthropological reportage in English, French and German. His legacy is an outstanding record of Aboriginal culture in the Federation period.This first edited collection of Mathews’ writings represents the many facets of his research, ranging from kinship study to documentation of myth. It include eleven articles translated from French or German that until now have been unavailable in English. Introduced and edited by Martin Thomas, who compellingly analyses the anthropologist, his milieu, and the intrigues that were so costly to his reputation, Culture in Translation is essential reading on the history of cross-cultural research.
Download "Culture in Translation: The Anthropological Legacy of R. H. Mathews (Aboriginal History Monograph)."
浏览量：80 添加时间：2009-08-02 11:12:55, 更新时间：2009-08-02 11:12:55, from internet
Search mirrors of "Culture in Translation: The Anthropological Legacy of R. H. Mathews (Aboriginal History Monograph)."...
Free Magazine Subscriptions & Technical Document Downloads
如果不能下载或者在“图书介绍”中找不到 "Culture in Translation: The Anthropological Legacy of R. H. Mathews (Aboriginal History Monograph)." 的下载链接请留言。下次访问本站时察看 所有留言 看是否有人已经更新了该书。
- Ebooks list page : 3277
- Culture in Translation: The Anthropological Legacy of R. H. Mathews (Aboriginal History Monograph).
- [PDF] History and Psyche: Culture, Psychoanalysis, and the Past (Palgrave Studies in Cultural and Intellectual History)
- I Succeeded Once: The Aboriginal Protectorate on Mornington Peninsula, 1839-1840 (Aboriginal History Monograph, 22) (repost)
- Aboriginal Placenames: Naming and Re-naming the Australian Landscape (Aboriginal History Monograph, 19)
- The Axe Had Never Sounded: Place, People and Heritage in Recherche Bay, Tasmania (Aboriginal History Monograph, 14)
- Examining Tuskegee: The Infamous Syphilis Study and Its Legacy (The John Hope Franklin Series in African American History and Culture) - Removed
- Race in Translation Culture Wars around the Postcolonial Atlantic
- Living for the City: Migration, Education, and the Rise of the Black Panther Party in Oakland, California (The John Hope Franklin Series in African American History and Culture) - Donna Murch
- Living for the City: Migration, Education, and the Rise of the Black Panther Party in Oakland, California (The John Hope Franklin Series in African American History and Culture) - Donna Murch - Removed
- [PDF] Through the Daemon's Gate: Kepler's Somnium, Medieval Dream Narratives, and the Polysemy of Allegorical Motifs (Studies in Medieval History and Culture)
- [PDF] Translation (The New Critical Idiom)
- [PDF] The Blackstone Legacy
- [PDF] The Goddess Legacy (The Goddess Queen ,The Lovestruck Goddess / Goddess of the Underworld , God of Thieves ,God of Darkness (Goddess Test)
- [PDF] Witch Wraith: The Dark Legacy of Shannara
- [PDF] The Templar Legacy: A Novel (Cotton Malone)
- [PDF] The Condition of English: Literary Studies in a Changing Culture (Contributions to the Study of Education)
- [PDF] Dress, Culture and Commerce: The English Clothing Trade before the Factory, 1660-1800
- [PDF] The Japanese Discovery of America (Bedford Series in History & Culture)
- [PDF] For the Soul of France: Culture Wars in the Age of Dreyfus
- [PDF] Does Altruism Exist?: Culture, Genes, and the Welfare of Others (Foundational Questions in Science)