Posted on 2019-12-17, by rizentrop.
A Juilliard-trained musician and professor of history explores the fascinating entanglement of classical music with American foreign relations. Dangerous Melodies vividly evokes a time when classical music stood at the center of twentieth-century American life, occupying a prominent place in the nation’s culture and politics. The work of renowned conductors, instrumentalists, and singers―and the activities of orchestras and opera companies―were intertwined with momentous international events, especially the two world wars and the long Cold War. Jonathan Rosenberg exposes the politics behind classical music, showing how German musicians were dismissed or imprisoned during World War I, while numerous German compositions were swept from American auditoriums. He writes of the accompanying impassioned protests, some of which verged on riots, by soldiers and ordinary citizens. Yet, during World War II, those same compositions were no longer part of the political discussion, while Russian m
- Ebooks list page : 42156
- 2017-10-29[PDF] Women Composers of Classical Music: 368 Biographies from 1550 into the 20th Century
- 2012-01-02Dokken - Up From The Ashes
- 2012-01-02Language, Vision, and Music: Selected Papers from the 8th International Workshop on the Cognitive Science of Natural Language Processing, Galway, Ireland 1999 - International Workshop On The Cognitive Science Of Natural Language Press
- 2011-11-10Mark Bittman's Quick and Easy Recipes from the New York Times
- 2011-09-16Dokken - Up From The Ashes
- 2011-08-17Feeling the Heat: Dispatches from the Front Lines of Climate Change - Removed
- 2020-04-30Andrea Bocelli Music For Hope: From the Duomo di Milano (2020) Hi Res
- 2020-04-24Damned Nation: Hell in America from the Revolution to Reconstruction
- 2020-03-01City on a Hill: Urban Idealism in America from the Puritans to the Present
- 2019-11-21Common Law and Natural Law in America: From the Puritans to the Legal Realists (Law and Christianity)
- 2019-06-17Read Online Black Death at the Golden Gate: The Race to Save America from the Bubonic Plague by David K. Randall in PDF Epub
- 2019-01-15In the New World Growing Up with America from the Sixties to the Eighties
- 2019-01-08In the New World Growing Up with America from the Sixties to the Eighties
- 2018-12-12Clean Energy Nation Freeing America from the Tyranny of Fossil Fuels
- 2018-11-09Lady Macbeth in America From the Stage to the White House
- 2018-08-23The Antidote Healing America From the Poison of Hate, Blame, and Victimhood
- 2018-08-16The Long Space Age The Economic Origins of Space Exploration From Colonial America to the Cold War
- 2018-01-29[PDF] Made from Bone: Trickster Myths, Music, and History from the Amazon (Interp Culture New Millennium)
- 2017-12-08[PDF] Clean Energy Nation: Freeing America from the Tyranny of Fossil Fuels
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.