Posted on 2014-04-16, by keyboy33.
Data Analysis: Statistical and Computational Methods for Scientists and Engineers by Siegmund Brandt
English | 2014 | ISBN: 3319037617 | 523 pages | PDF | 10,6 MB
The fourth edition of this successful textbook presents a comprehensive introduction to statistical and numerical methods for the evaluation of empirical and experimental data. Equal weight is given to statistical theory and practical problems. The concise mathematical treatment of the subject matter is illustrated by many examples and for the present edition a library of Java programs has been developed.
It comprises methods of numerical data analysis and graphical representation as well as many example programs and solutions to programming problems. The programs (source code, Java classes and documentation) and extensive appendices to the main text are available for free download from the bookâ€™s page
â€¢ Probabilities. Random variables.
â€¢ Random numbers and the Monte Carlo Method.
â€¢ Statistical distributions (binomial, Gauss, Poisson). Samples. Statistical tests.
â€¢ Maximum Likelihood. Least Squares. Regression. Minimization.
â€¢ Analysis of Variance. Time series analysis.
The book is conceived both as an introduction and as a work of reference. In particular it addresses itself to students, scientists and practitioners in science and engineering as a help in the analysis of their data
â€¢ in laboratory courses,
â€¢ in working for bachelor or master degrees,
â€¢ in thesis work,
â€¢ in research and professional work.
â€œThe book is concise, but gives a sufficiently rigorous mathematical treatment of practical statistical methods for data analysis; it can be of great use to all who are involved with data analysis.â€ Physicalia
â€œâ€¦Serves as a nice reference guide for any scientist interested in the fundamentals of data analysis on the computer.â€ The American Statistician
â€œThis lively and erudite treatise covers the theory of the main statistical tools and their practical applicationsâ€¦a first rate university textbook, and good background material for the practicing physicist.â€ Physics Bulletin
Siegmund Brandt is Emeritus Professor of Physics at the University of Siegen. With his group he worked on experiments in elementary-particle physics at the research centers DESY in Hamburg and CERN in Geneva in which the analysis of the experimental data plays an important role. He is author or coauthor of textbooks which have appeared in ten languages.
- Ebooks list page : 26220
- 2017-12-31[PDF] Data Analysis: Statistical and Computational Methods for Scientists and Engineers - Removed
- 2014-04-13Data Analysis: Statistical and Computational Methods for Scientists and Engineers
- 2017-09-28Data Science with Java: Practical Methods for Scientists and Engineers
- 2011-12-19Improving the Design of the Scientists and Engineers Statistical Data System (SESTAT)
- 2011-12-20Computational Methods for Multiphase Flows in Porous Media (Computational Science and Engineering) by Zhangxin Chen
- 2011-10-23Computational Methods for Multiphase Flows in Porous Media (Computational Science and Engineering)
- 2011-07-31Computational Methods for Multiphase Flows in Porous Media (Computational Science and Engineering)
- 2020-01-15Computational Methods for Numerical Analysis with R (Chapman & Hall/CRC Numerical Analysis and Scientific Computing Series)
- 2020-01-07Computational Methods for Data Analysis (De Gruyter Textbook) (De Gruyter Stem)
- 2019-12-17Computational Topology for Biomedical Image and Data Analysis: Theory and Applications (Focus Series in Medical Physics and Biomedical Engineering)
- 2019-11-07Computational Methods for Data Evaluation and Assimilation
- 2019-08-26Computational Methods for Data Evaluation and Assimilation
- 2019-02-24Computational Methods for Data Analysis
- 2019-01-31Computational Methods for Processing and Analysis of Biological Pathways - Removed
- 2019-01-30Computational Methods for Data Analysis
- 2019-01-24Computational Methods for Processing and Analysis of Biological Pathways
- 2018-11-15Statistical Physics and Computational Methods for Evolutionary Game Theory
- 2018-01-27[PDF] Computational Methods for Processing and Analysis of Biological Pathways (SpringerBriefs in Computer Science)
- 2018-01-01[PDF] Computational Methods for Three-Dimensional Microscopy Reconstruction (Applied and Numerical Harmonic Analysis) - Removed
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.