Posted on 2022-01-23, by perica123.
Data Engineering Essentials Hands-on - SQL, Python and Spark
Last Update: 11/2021
Duration: 57h 22m | Video: .MP4, 1280x720 30 fps | Audio: AAC, 44.1 kHz, 2ch | Size: 24.2 GB
Genre: eLearning | Language: English
Learn key Data Engineering Skills such as SQL, Python and Spark with tons of Hands-on tasks and exercises
What you'll learn:
Setup Development Environment to learn building Data Engineering Applications on GCP
Database Essentials for Data Engineering using Postgres
Data Engineering Programming Essentials using Python
Data Engineering using Spark Dataframe APIs (PySpark)
Data Engineering using Spark SQL (PySpark and Spark SQL)
Relevance of Spark Metastore and integration of Dataframes and Spark SQL
Ability to build Data Engineering Pipelines using Spark leveraging Python as Programming Language
Use of different file formats such as Parquet, JSON, CSV etc in building Data Engineering Pipelines
Setup self support single node Hadoop and Spark Cluster to get enough practice on HDFS and YARN
Laptop with decent configuration (Minimum 4 GB RAM and Dual Core)
Sign up for GCP with the available credit or AWS Access
Setup self support lab on cloud platforms (you might have to pay the applicable cloud fee unless you have credit)
CS or IT degree or prior IT experience is highly desired
As part of this course, you will learn all the Data Engineering Essentials related to building Data Pipelines using SQL, Python as well as Spark.
About Data Engineering
Data Engineering is nothing but processing the data depending upon our downstream needs. We need to build different pipelines such as Batch Pipelines, Streaming Pipelines, etc as part of Data Engineering. All roles related to Data Processing are consolidated under Data Engineering. Conventionally, they are known as ETL Development, Data Warehouse Development, etc.
As part of this course, you will be learning Data Engineering Essentials such as SQL, Programming using Python and Spark. Here is the detailed agenda for the course.
Data Engineering Labs - Python and SQL
You will start with setting up self-support Data Engineering Labs either on GCP or Cloud9 so that you can learn the key skills related to Data Engineering with a lot of practice leveraging tasks and exercises provided by us. As you pass the sections related to SQL and Python, you will also be guided to set up Hadoop and Spark Lab.
Provision GCP Server or AWS Cloud9 Instance
Setup Docker to host Postgres Database
Setup Postgres Database to practice SQL
Setup Jupyter Lab
Once Jupyter Lab is setup, you can upload the Jupyter Notebooks and start practicing all the key skills related to Data Engineering.
Database Essentials - SQL using Postgres
It is important for one to be proficient with SQL to take care of building data engineering pipelines. SQL is used for understanding the data, perform ad-hoc analysis, and also in building data engineering pipelines.
Getting Started with Postgres
Basic Database Operations (CRUD or Insert, Update, Delete)
Writing Basic SQL Queries (Filtering, Joins, and Aggregations)
Creating Tables and Indexes
Partitioning Tables and Indexes
Predefined Functions (String Manipulation, Date Manipulation, and other functions)
Writing Advanced SQL Queries
Programming Essentials using Python
Python is the most preferred programming language to develop data engineering applications. As part of several sections related to Python, you will be learning most of the important aspects of Python to build data engineering applications effectively.
Perform Database Operations
Getting Started with Python
Basic Programming Constructs
Overview of Collections - list and set
Overview of Collections - dict and tuple
Manipulating Collections using loops
Understanding Map Reduce Libraries
Overview of Pandas Libraries
Database Programming - CRUD Operations
Database Programming - Batch Operations
Setting up Single Node Data Engineering Cluster for Practice
The most common approach to build data engineering applications at scale is by using Spark integrated with HDFS and YARN. Before getting into data engineering using Spark and Hadoop, we need to set up an environment to practice data engineering using Spark. As part of this section, we will primarily focus on setting up a single node cluster to learn key skills related to data engineering using distributed frameworks such as Spark and Hadoop.
Setup Single Node Hadoop Cluster
Setup Hive and Spark on Single Node Cluster
Master required Hadoop Skills to build Data Engineering Applications
As part of this section, you will primarily focus on HDFS commands so that we can copy files into HDFS. The data copied into HDFS will be used as part of building data engineering pipelines using Spark and Hadoop with Python as Programming Language.
Overview of HDFS Commands
Data Engineering using Spark SQL
Let us, deep-dive into Spark SQL to understand how it can be used to build Data Engineering Pipelines. Spark with SQL will provide us the ability to leverage distributed computing capabilities of Spark coupled with easy-to-use developer-friendly SQL-style syntax.
Getting Started with Spark SQL
Managing Tables - Basic DDL and DML
Managing Tables - DML and Partitioning
Overview of Spark SQL Functions
Data Engineering using Spark Data Frame APIs
Spark Data Frame APIs are an alternative way of building Data Engineering applications at scale leveraging distributed computing capabilities of Spark. Data Engineers from application development backgrounds might prefer Data Frame APIs over Spark SQL to build Data Engineering applications.
Data Processing Overview
Processing Column Data
Basic Transformations - Filtering, Aggregations, and Sorting
Joining Data Sets
Windowing Functions - Aggregations, Ranking, and Analytic Functions
Spark Metastore Databases and Tables
Desired Audience for this Data Engineering Essentials course
People from different backgrounds can aim to become Data Engineers. We cover most of the Data Engineering essentials for the aspirants who want to get into the IT field as Data Engineers as well as professionals who want to propel their career towards Data Engineering from legacy technologies.
College students and entry-level professionals to get hands-on expertise with respect to Data Engineering. This course will provide enough skills to face interviews for entry-level data engineers.
Experienced application developers to gain expertise related to Data Engineering.
Conventional Data Warehouse Developers, ETL Developers, Database Developers, PL/SQL Developers to gain enough skills to transition to be successful Data Engineers.
Testers to improve their testing capabilities related to Data Engineering applications.
Any other hands-on IT Professional who wants to get knowledge about Data Engineering with Hands-On Practice.
Prerequisites to practice Data Engineering Skills
Here are the prerequisites for someone who wants to be a Data Engineer.
Computer with decent configuration (At least 4 GB RAM, however 8 GB is highly desired)
Dual Core is required and Quad-Core is highly desired
Engineering or Science Degree
Ability to use computer
Knowledge or working experience with databases and any programming language is highly desired
Training Approach for learning required Data Engineering Skills
Here are the details related to the training approach for you to master all the key Data Engineering Skills to propel your career towards Data Engineering.
It is self-paced with reference material, code snippets, and videos provided as part of Udemy.
One can either use the environment provided by us or set up their own environment using Docker on AWS or GCP or the platform of their choice.
We would recommend completing 2 modules every week by spending 4 to 5 hours per week.
It is highly recommended to take care of the exercises at the end to ensure that you are able to meet all the key objectives for each module.
Support will be provided through Udemy Q&A.
The course is designed in such a way that one can self-evaluate through the course and confirm whether the skills are acquired.
Here is the approach we recommend you to take this course.
The course is hands-on with thousands of tasks, you should practice as you go through the course.
You should also spend time understanding the concepts. If you do not understand the concept, I would recommend moving on and come back later to the topic.
Go through the consolidated exercises and see if you are able to solve the problems or not.
Make sure to follow the order we have defined as part of the course.
After each and every section or module, make sure to solve the exercises. We have provided enough information to validate the output.
By the end of the course, then you can come to the conclusion that you are able to master essential skills related to SQL, Python, and Spark.
Who this course is for:
Computer Science or IT Students or other graduates with passion to get into IT
Data Warehouse Developers who want to transition to Data Engineering roles
ETL Developers who want to transition to Data Engineering roles
Database or PL/SQL Developers who want to transition to Data Engineering roles
BI Developers who want to transition to Data Engineering roles
QA Engineers to learn about Data Engineering
Application Developers to gain Data Engineering Skills
- Ebooks list page : 51117
- 2021-12-16Udemy - Data Engineering Essentials Hands-on - SQL, Python and Spark
- 2021-09-26Data Engineering Essentials Hands-on - SQL, Python and Spark
- 2021-09-22Udemy - Data Engineering Essentials Hands-on - SQL, Python and Spark
- 2021-04-10Data Engineering Essentials - SQL, Python and Spark
- 2021-04-07Udemy - Data Engineering Essentials - SQL, Python and Spark
- 2017-10-18[PDF] A collection of Data Science Interview Questions Solved in Python and Spark: Hands-on Big Data and Machine Learning (A Collection of Programming Interview Questions) (Volume 6)
- 2016-07-02A collection of Data Science Interview Questions Solved in Python and Spark Hands-on Big Data an...
- 2021-11-05Udemy - Hands-On Data Engineering in Google Cloud Platform Python
- 2021-10-10Hands-On Data Engineering in Google Cloud Platform | Python
- 2021-08-08Machine Learning And Data Science Hands On With Python And R
- 2019-12-15Python for Data Analysis: Master Deep Learning With Python And Become Great At Programming.Python For Beginners With Hands On Project - Removed
- 2019-01-24Machine Learning and Data Science Hands-on with Python and R
- 2018-11-01Machine Learning and Data Science Hands-on with Python and R
- 2018-10-30Machine Learning and Data Science Hands-on with Python and R
- 2017-12-11[PDF] CAD Engineering Essentials: Hands-on Help for Small Manufacturers and Smart Technical People (No Nonsense Manual Book 3)
- 2017-11-05[PDF] A collection of Advanced Data Science and Machine Learning Interview Questions Solved in Python and Spark (II): Hands-on Big Data and Machine ... Programming Interview Questions) (Volume 7)
- 2012-02-26On Evaluating Curricular Effectiveness: Judging the Quality of K-12 Mathematics Evaluations - Committee For A Review Of The Evaluation Data On The Effectiveness Of NSF-Supported And Commercially
- 2012-02-23On Evaluating Curricular Effectiveness: Judging the Quality of K-12 Mathematics Evaluations - Committee For A Review Of The Evaluation Data On The Effectiveness Of NSF-Supported And Commercially
- 2012-01-24On Evaluating Curricular Effectiveness: Judging the Quality of K-12 Mathematics Evaluations - Committee For A Review Of The Evaluation Data On The Effectiveness Of NSF-Supported And Commercially
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.