Tag: History and Military
Posted on 2009-07-17. By anonymous.
Publisher: Algora Publishing | ISBN: 087586452X | edition: 2006 | PDF | 258 Pages | 1,5 Mb
Military desertion, its reasons and consequences, are not commonly known in America. In most cases, the reasons soldiers desert are inherent in the military system itself. The author investigates those reasons, from the American Revolution to the Iraqi occupation, and describes the government's often-brutal response to deserters.
Desertion and the American Soldier: 1776 2006 is a history and analysis of military desertion from the Revolutionary War to the Iraqi Occupation. The main topics consist of the following:
The political, economic and social conditions of each time period;
The government's continued insistence on linking desertion with cowardice, despite extensive evidence to the contrary, and
The motivations for desertions.
Despite the US government's continued insistence on linking desertion with cowardice, the motivations for desertion are many and complex, and are either rooted in or encouraged by military policy. This book describes the official policies on desertion that were in force during each conflict and how they were generally implemented; problems in the military justice system; and the motivations for desertions. Comprehensive data and interviews with deserters are included.
- Ebooks list page : 3171
- 2017-11-04[PDF] Desertion And the American Soldier: 1776-2006
- 2016-07-21Desertion and the American Soldier 1776-2006
- 2012-05-20Over There!: The American Soldier in World War I (The G.I.Series #7)
- 2012-05-16The Horse Soldier 1776-1943 Vol.IV: World War I, the Peacetime Army, World War II 1917-1943
- 2012-01-11Word Histories and Mysteries: From Abracadabra to Zeus - Editors Of The American Heritage Dictionaries
- 2012-01-08Word Histories and Mysteries: From Abracadabra to Zeus - Editors Of The American Heritage Dictionaries
- 2011-10-29Forts of the American Frontier 1776 1891: California, Oregon, Washington, and Alaska (Fortress 105)
- 2011-05-21The American Heritage Book of English Usage: A Practical and Authoritative Guide to Contemporary English
- 2022-07-19PENELOPE AND THE WICKED DUKE BY SOFI LAPORTE PDF
- 2022-07-16The Nerd And The THUG By Neshie M
- 2022-07-16Diary Of Nomusa And The Mad Prince Download Free
- 2022-07-16Free Download The Alpha and the Female Warrior PDF
- 2021-09-16Men Of War The American Soldier In Combat At Bunker Hill, Gettysburg, And Iwo Jim
- 2021-07-02Men of War The American Soldier in Combat at Bunker Hill, Gettysburg, and Iwo Jima by Alexander Rose
- 2020-09-13The Gamble: General David Petraeus and the American Military Adventure in Iraq, 2006 2008 [Audiobook]
- 2018-06-28Men of War The American Soldier in Combat at Bunker Hill, Gettysburg, and Iwo Jima [Audiobook]
- 2018-06-03Men of War The American Soldier in Combat at Bunker Hill, Gettysburg, and Iwo Jima
- 2013-12-09Forts of the American Frontier 1776-1891: California, Oregon, Washington, and Alaska (Osprey Fortress 105) (repost)
- 2013-11-23The Gamble: General David Petraeus and the American Military Adventure in Iraq, 2006-2008 [Repost]
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.