Digital Forensics with Kali Linux: Perform data acquisition, digital investigation, and threat analysis using Kali Linux tools
Posted on 2019-09-27, by nokia241186.
English | 2017 | ISBN: 1788625005 | EPUB | 274 pages | 50.42 MB
Kali Linux is used mainly for penetration testing and digital forensics. This book will help you explore and unleash the tools available in Kali Linux for effective digital forensics investigations. Using practical examples, you will be able to make the most of forensics process such as investigation, evidence acquisition, and analysis.
Learn the skills you need to take advantage of Kali Linux for digital forensics investigations using this comprehensive guide
Master powerful Kali Linux tools for digital investigation and analysis
Perform evidence acquisition, preservation, and analysis using various tools within Kali Linux
Implement the concept of cryptographic hashing and imaging using Kali Linux
Perform memory forensics with Volatility and internet forensics with Xplico.
Discover the capabilities of professional forensic tools such as Autopsy and DFF (Digital Forensic Framework) used by law enforcement and military personnel alike
Kali Linux is a Linux-based distribution used mainly for penetration testing and digital forensics. It has a wide range of tools to help in forensics investigations and incident response mechanisms.
You will start by understanding the fundamentals of digital forensics and setting up your Kali Linux environment to perform different investigation practices. The book will delve into the realm of operating systems and the various formats for file storage, including secret hiding places unseen by the end user or even the operating system. The book will also teach you to create forensic images of data and maintain integrity using hashing tools. Next, you will also master some advanced topics such as autopsies and acquiring investigation data from the network, operating system memory, and so on. The book introduces you to powerful tools that will take your forensic abilities and investigations to a professional level, catering for all aspects of full digital forensic investigations from hashing to reporting.
By the end of this book, you will have had hands-on experience in implementing all the pillars of digital forensics-acquisition, extraction, analysis, and presentation using Kali Linux tools.
What you will learn
Get to grips with the fundamentals of digital forensics and explore best practices
Understand the workings of file systems, storage, and data fundamentals
Discover incident response procedures and best practices
Use DC3DD and Guymager for acquisition and preservation techniques
Recover deleted data with Foremost and Scalpel
Find evidence of accessed programs and malicious programs using Volatility.
Perform network and internet capture analysis with Xplico
Carry out professional digital forensics investigations using the DFF and Autopsy automated forensic suites
Who This Book Is For:
This book is targeted at forensics and digital investigators, security analysts, or any stakeholder interested in learning digital forensics using Kali Linux. Basic knowledge of Kali Linux will be an advantage.
Table of Contents
Introduction to Digital Forensics
Installing Kali Linux
Understanding File Systems and Storage Media
Incident Response and Data Acquisition
Evidence Acquisition and Preservation with DC3DD and Guymager
File Recovery and Data Carving with Foremost and Scalpel
Live and Memory Forensics with Volatility
Autopsy - The Sleuth Kit
Network and Internet Capture Analysis with Xplico
Collecting, Preserving and Revealing Evidence using DFF
(Buy premium account for maximum speed and resuming ability)
- Ebooks list page : 41435
- 2019-04-29Skillshare Digital Forensics With Kali Linux-Illiterate
- 2019-03-16SKILLSHARE DIGITAL FORENSICS WITH KALI LINUX-iLLiTERATE
- 2018-12-09Digital Forensics with Kali Linux
- 2018-09-21Digital Forensics with Kali Linux
- 2017-09-17Digital Forensics with Kali Linux
- 2017-06-16Packt Publishing Digital Forensics With Kali Linux
- 2017-05-27Packt Publishing - Digital Forensics with Kali Linux
- 2017-05-14Digital Forensics with Kali Linux Video Packt Publishing
- 2017-05-06Digital Forensics with Kali Linux
- 2017-05-04Digital Forensics with Kali Linux
- 2017-05-03Digital Forensics with Kali Linux
- 2020-04-08Hands-On Data Analysis with Scala: Perform data collection, processing, manipulation, and visualization with Scala
- 2019-12-12Interactive Data Visualization with Python: Present your data as an effective and compelling story
- 2019-11-15Interactive Data Visualization with Python: Present your data as an effective and compelling story
- 2011-12-24Practical Data Acquisition for Instrumentation and Control Systems - John Park, Steve Mackay
- 2011-12-17Practical Data Acquisition for Instrumentation and Control Systems - John Park, Steve Mackay
- 2011-10-07Practical Data Acquisition for Instrumentation and Control Systems
- 2011-01-20Practical Data Acquisition for Instrumentation and Control Systems
- 2010-10-01Practical Data Acquisition for Instrumentation and Control Systems (Repost)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.